Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassHome View Post
I am looking for work in the accounting field and am concerned that I will not be able to find without a long commute from the Leesburg/Mt. Dora area. Have also been thinking of the Lake Mary/Casselberry area since it is relatively close to Orlando. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
Leesburg/Mt. Dora area is way to far and has very little employment opportunities. Lake Mary would be an excellent choice, they have great schools and you would a greater choice of jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,941 times
Mt. Dora isn't exactly "excitement central" but my husband and I have been living here almost two months and haven't really been bored yet. We are young and from L.A., so if anyone would be bored here, it would be us!! We have no problem going to Orlando from time to time, for the Mall at Millenia or Whole Foods in Winter Park, but everything else we really need is around here. I work all week so there isn't time to get bored. On weekends, we travel to other parts of the state. There is SO MUCH to see in Florida that I don't know how anyone could get bored here.

After shopping and doing other things in Orlando, we are always glad to get back to Mt. Dora. We have lived in the thick of Miami and L.A., and this is a nice change of pace for sure. If I was going to live in a big city, it would be L.A., otherwise living in a little more rural area is a nice chance of pace. And even to former city-dwellers, Mt. Dora doesn't seem "out there" at all to us.

Ok, the tornado thing DOES worry me, though! I haven't had any scares yet (knock on wood) and hope we make it through this summer without anything major happening. Tornadoes are something I didn't have to worry about in L.A.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Nothing in Central Florida feels small town. It's almost just like South Florida.

Mt. Dora has no jobs, really. I wouldn't live out there. It is boring, everything is overpriced, and there's really nothing for young people to do at all. It's a retiree town.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
You have to worry more about tornadoes here in February and march at least the violent ones the summer tornadoes are usually weak.

It`s when you get a cold front hitting a warm air mass and that happens here in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando