Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 PM

8 posts, read 43,949 times

Advertisements

Looks like a nice community but was curious if anyone had any additional information they could share on this or any other communites in the area. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM

126 posts, read 570,839 times
I live very close to there, in a neighborhood built by the same builder as Legacy. What kind of info are you specifically looking for?

Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Autosalespro,
I have a home in The Plantation, just a mile or so south of the Legacy. I have some good friends who live there.
There is also a LOCAL forum for that Leesburg area, run by a friend of mine who lives in Legacy.
I sent you a P.M. with the info, since I do not think I can post about the LOCAL LEESBURG forum here.

Marypoppins.......which community are you from?

Frank D.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:15 PM

Hi Marypoppins. Any info you can provide would be great. Is it in a good area, distance from the Orlando area, although my line of work keeps me on the road, my wife is curious as to how far it is from Disney.

We were thinking in the beginning about Solivita but started to look at other areas as well. How does this area compare with the Kissimmee/Poinciana area?

Thanks again for the help.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:21 PM

autosalespro,
The info that I sent you has subforums on all local communities in the Leesburg / Mt. Dora / Clairmont area, including Legacy. It SHOULD be a big help to you.
It does not sell anything, etc......it is a local non profit forum for the Leesburg area full of good info.

Frank D.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosalespro View Post
Hi Marypoppins. Any info you can provide would be great. Is it in a good area, distance from the Orlando area, although my line of work keeps me on the road, my wife is curious as to how far it is from Disney.
Yes, it's a good area. It's quite rural, lots of open space and farmland on the drive along US27 North. The communities are not too close to each other, giving a feel of the area not being overcrowded, if you know what I mean.

The best route to downtown Orlando is to take the Turnpike South to the 408 which takes you directly into the city. It's about a 30 minute drive.

For Disney, there are a couple of routes. You can take US27 South to US192, it's about a 45/50 minute drive depending on traffic. Or you could take the Turnpike South to 429 South which takes you directly to Disney.

In my opinion, it's close enough to the resort area and attractions if you want to spend a day out there, but far enough away from the touristy area if you don't want to live amongst all the vacationers.

Hope that helps. Ask away if you have any other questions.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post

Marypoppins.......which community are you from?

Frank D.
Royal Highlands

Old 07-14-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypoppins View Post
Royal Highlands
Great! We're almost neighbors......

Frank D.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:55 PM

Frank thanks for all the help. I sent you a PM.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 9,308 times
Default I am moving to the legacy next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosalespro View Post
Looks like a nice community but was curious if anyone had any additional information they could share on this or any other communites in the area. Thanks for the help.
i saw many places in Fla. and was very impressed with the legacy. I am moving in there next week after 45 years in mass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando