Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 10:05 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Gal now View Post
Actually, much to Florida residents' credit, I didn't notice a single recent thread in the Florida forums regarding this trial until yesterday when it was announced the jury had arrived at a verdict.

Just as everything else. You have a choice to watch what is broadcast on TV and radio, you have a choice regarding which newspaper magazine articles you read, and you have a choice to open the thread - or not, read it - or not, and then you have the choice whether or not to PARTICIPATE (which you did) in a discussion you want to stop. And there is no reason to berate what people chose to discuss just because YOU think there are more important issues... just see how much discussion goes on here about the heat and humidity in Florida.... and so what if people want to discuss it till they turn blue...

And if I were you, I'd prepare to "turn a blind eye." This is likely to be discussed nearly everywhere for a while...
Actually, one did not have a choice of which TV news to watch as they all had massive coverage of the case, ranging from the local affiliates to CNN. Beyond that, this is an open forum and this is not a "Casey Anthony Trial Enthusiasts" thread, so you may encounter like on any other forum/thread a dissenting point of view.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Nice thought however they couldn't even prove a murder occurred. they also could not prove child neglect or abuse. Again these are emotional responses to a sad situation but not based in facts.
Go read what I wrote. The state over charged, the defense didn't prove her innocent. Big difference.

Neglect was never on the table, and if you read the statute, Casey would absolutely have been convicted of that, based on not reporting her child missing for 31 days, a fact no one disputes. Felony murder rule would have applied due to the death being officially ruled a homicide.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
Most people know that she probably did it. The only difference is some people accept the fact the evidence wasn't enough, and others don't.
That didn't answer my question. Yes or no, would you hire her as a nanny to your kids?

Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Go read what I wrote. The state over charged, the defense didn't prove her innocent. Big difference.

Neglect was never on the table, and if you read the statute, Casey would absolutely have been convicted of that, based on not reporting her child missing for 31 days, a fact no one disputes. Felony murder rule would have applied due to the death being officially ruled a homicide.
Actually, neglect was on the table initially and was dropped in favor of the other more serious charges. Agreed, she would have been convicted on that count.

Official Charges Filed Against Casey Anthony - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando (http://www.wesh.com/news/17099679/detail.html - broken link)

Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM

374 posts, read 945,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Actually, one did not have a choice of which TV news to watch as they all had massive coverage of the case, ranging from the local affiliates to CNN. Beyond that, this is an open forum and this is not a "Casey Anthony Trial Enthusiasts" thread, so you may encounter like on any other forum/thread a dissenting point of view.
I suppose that if you live anywhere in Florida it was probably likely to be on the news much more than other areas of the country, like TN. Our local news made virtually no mention of it and, other than HLN, I don't recall the trial being the focus or having "massive" coverage. I only chose to watch the trial during the last three weeks. Coverage was what the people wanted.

Everyone is certainly entitled to opposing views. My comments were regarding your disdain for continued discussion, in which you obviously continue to read and participate, thus the Casey Anthony threads and discussions will continue...

Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
For those who think she's an innocent victim--would you hire her as a nanny to your children?
Or be happy to have her as a daughter-in-law?

Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
With what they were presented with the jury did what our laws expect them to do. As much as we all know she did it, the law worked as it is supposed to.

My thoughts now......she did make a confession that it was accidental...she told the lawyers and they used accidental drowning and the reactions of her dad and her(dad did not agree on this story so not guilty, though) in the opening statement. Said it got out of hand when they tried to cover up the drowning because she would be liable for child endangerment and possibly manslaughter etc. .

Now could they arrest her for failure to notify authorities when she found a dead body? And could they charge her the federal offense of moving a dead body and obstructing justice?

Would using the accidental death story to muddy up the murder trial case be confession enough that she hid the body? It was the defenses theory to get her off the murder charge so basically I take it as a confession. Would it hold up in court. We could all testify that that is the way it happened because that is what she allowed her lawyer to use in her defense?????????.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Now could they arrest her for failure to notify authorities when she found a dead body? And could they charge her the federal offense of moving a dead body and obstructing justice?
That would be double jeopardy.

There is a move on to charge her with violating her daughters civil rights on a federal level which would be different enough charges that double jeopardy wouldn't apply.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:05 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
That would be double jeopardy.

There is a move on to charge her with violating her daughters civil rights on a federal level which would be different enough charges that double jeopardy wouldn't apply.
Where did you hear about the possible federal charges ? Bob Kealing from WESH posted something was up on his Twitter account earlier today.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Where did you hear about the possible federal charges ? Bob Kealing from WESH posted something was up on his Twitter account earlier today.
Through a friend who would know. Sorry, I don't feel comfortable saying more about it at this time. I will update if I hear more, and I do think it's an interesting thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando