Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 5,474 times

Advertisements

I'm from originally from Texas and looking to move to Houston, but I'd love to buy a nice foreclosure in FL.

P.S. I'm also very aware of lemon homes, I plan to actually check them out before hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 03:03 PM

118 posts, read 220,688 times
wut do u mean lemon homes is that when dey aint what is advertised.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,915 times
Your better of looking at Bank owned homes, simply because foreclosures and shorts oftern have many liens etc attached to them and you would be responsible for paying these to allow for the transfer of title. After all, if a home is in foreclosure, they stopped paying their mortgage, if they arnt paying that you can bet they havent paid their HOA's or Taxes and goodness knows what else. To be honest in this market we are seeing very aggressivly priced homes which are not foreclosures or shorts but are comparable in price to those homes.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 PM

140 posts, read 429,545 times
+1 on that^ It's all about finding a motivated seller. Most of these banks still haven't got a clue how to get rid of a home in this market while real motivated sellers are dropping there pants.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times
I read that Cape Coral has the highest per person foreclosure rate in the state. Maybe that would be a good place to look?

Old 08-16-2008, 12:27 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I read that Cape Coral has the highest per person foreclosure rate in the state. Maybe that would be a good place to look?

Yes, but is there work in Cape Coral? There are hardly any industries there. You dont want Cape Coral, believe me, you don't. I do believe what you are saying though. I know 5 people that bought houses there, that were trying to flip them....at the wrong time . When everything started to slow down. Some let them go. 2 are renting, with issues from their tenants.

I think when he mentioned lemon homes, he was referring to houses with many issues, houses that need more work than they're worth. I heard horror stories of people purposely destroying their houses that were about to go into foreclosure. You would not believe what some people do. From a friend that works for Bank Of America, I heard they put cement in the toilet bowls (I guess to mess up the plumbing, placed raw fish in the drywall and resealed the walls (smelly house), took the A/C units and upgraded kitchens with them....Total destruction. Some really nasty stories. Dont get any ideas, guys...lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando