Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:30 PM

12 posts, read 34,485 times

Advertisements

Thanks. Although I've checked several sources, I haven't checked that particular one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,135 times
Hi All,

My husband and are planning on moving to the Orlando area and I need some help in my search for employment. I have a bachelor degree in communications with a minor in interpersonal communications. I am currently working for a Management Consulting company as an administrative assistant and I make 48k a year. However, I am looking to get a more professional position close to my major. Can anyone help?

Areas of interest:
Human Resource
Marketing
Advertising
Event Planning
Hospitality

Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykmaster View Post
Have a possible opportunity to accept a position in Orlando but need some help in deciding what to do. I would have a salary of 57K and would be working near all the theme parks. Universal, Sea World ect. I was looking at the Sand Lake area which is close by and seems to have some newer townhomes to rent for arround 1400/mo. Is this a good area? I would have roughly $2200 monthly expenses (after rent) for utilities, food, ect for a family of 4. How much are average utilites/expenses out there? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

should be ok with your salary...just private messsage me if you want to know more..i work out in that area now and live a couple miles away

Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 PM

8 posts, read 49,190 times
I dont want to beat a dead horse to death, but if I can save a life its worth it. First of all stay away from Sandlake, high crime including high random murder rates, please take the advice of the reports you are receiving everyone is the truth. Unfortunately the nicer areas are probally farther away from the parks than what you are going to want to drive. Lake Mary, Florida was voted number 4 on a national survey for top areas nationwide to live. Downfall high prices for a home, also 35 minutes from Disney. Ask around about Celebration, Florida near the parks, but probally again out of your price range.

Good luck.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBP Deltona View Post
I dont want to beat a dead horse to death, but if I can save a life its worth it. First of all stay away from Sandlake, high crime including high random murder rates, please take the advice of the reports you are receiving everyone is the truth. Unfortunately the nicer areas are probally farther away from the parks than what you are going to want to drive. Lake Mary, Florida was voted number 4 on a national survey for top areas nationwide to live. Downfall high prices for a home, also 35 minutes from Disney. Ask around about Celebration, Florida near the parks, but probally again out of your price range.

Good luck.

The only area on Sand Lake road that might be shady is near South OBT (Orange Blossom Trail)....but the area the poster is talking about isnt bad at all near the theme parks......anything south of Universal Studios and west of the OBT area on Sand Lake road is nice......i think the poster said that they were looking into a Townhome in the area and the only places that have townhomes in this area are near Universal BLvd by the convention Center and over near the Doctor Phillips side and those areas are far from all the murders and stuff that happens up on parts of North Kirkman and OBT......1400 a month sounds like they are looking into the new places on Universal BLVD or right off of Vineland ave/Turkey Lake Road or actually in Doctor Phillips and those arent considered bad areas at all ......i dont hear too much crime in those areas going on but i do live near that area and the attitudes in traffic and agressive behavior in general are everywhere in Orlando no matter if its a good or bad part of town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando