Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,314 times

Advertisements

Wall Street is reacting to the sell out that passed both the House and Senate last week. I guess they don't think it's a good plan either!

Aneftp, see a reputable agent. Your price offer should not be relative to what the sellers are getting from an employer, what they paid for the property or owe on the property but based solely on what the recent sales data suggests.

Our property values went up too fast for a few years and that false growth is simply not sustainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 09:29 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,144,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
Why would one regret buying a relatively newer home at this time? We are currently checking out the possiblity...what should I be looking out for?

The only reason you would regret buying ANY home at this time is overpaying for it, nothing specifically dealing with newer homes, just ALL homes, foreclosure, short sale, estate sale, builder, you name it. If your actualy looking to LIVE IN the home for at least the next 5++ years then you won't necessarily have to worry about losing money down the road, But if your just looking for a short term place to live and think of it as more of an "investment" then you should be VERY wary about what house you buy, where you buy it, and for how much. (not that you shouldn't be wary even if it's not a pure investment)

As far as right-here-i-say's comments on where prices will end up. Many people use the "what year will prices be normal" method...not exactly scientific but many people seem to see that way of thinking the easiest to rationalize things in their head. Depending on price range, location, condition and motivation will help you see what a house is worth now....and only local supply and demand factors can give you any hint as to whether prices will return to "2001" levels or to "1989" levels. Prices will continue to fall to below any year's level in area's with little demand and high supply, while other area's tht are still in high demand with little inventory will hold steady or even rise!

As far as using a lawyer who "specializes in foreclosures" for the investor that knows how to find their own deals, and knows local value's, this can be a good course of action (it's arguable whom would negotiate a better deal..the attorney or a Realtor that specializes in foreclosure). However to the average homebuyer just looking for a place to live, using an attorney exlusively is a terrible idea...they practice law, not real estate; so they will have no clue about values of particular homes, nor (in my opinion) will be in anyway able to negotiate better than a competent agent.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
I was hoping with the bill they passed, banks would be lending more money. In turn, more buyers would be out there. I don't know what to think at this point. Maybe sell low, buy low?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I was hoping with the bill they passed, banks would be lending more money. In turn, more buyers would be out there. I don't know what to think at this point. Maybe sell low, buy low?

Most of this money will buy out bad debt that is over the global market. It will be a very long time before the average person in the US sees the benefit of this bill. If you disagree, just look at what is happening on Wall Street today! Investors know the short term sell out is exactly that and not a long term solution to this mess.

Additionally, history has shown that once we "bailout", we "bailout" again, which is why I call this bill a sell out...We've been sold out!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
Most of this money will buy out bad debt that is over the global market. It will be a very long time before the average person in the US sees the benefit of this bill. If you disagree, just look at what is happening on Wall Street today! Investors know the short term sell out is exactly that and not a long term solution to this mess.

Additionally, history has shown that once we "bailout", we "bailout" again, which is why I call this bill a sell out...We've been sold out!
I was afraid of that. I think that we're in big trouble.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:52 AM

Beckycat, The FHA bill that passed in July was designed to help homeowners keep the home they lived in, not investments. It would do an FHA loan at 90% of today's appraised value, regardless of the original loan amount or purchase price. Sounds good, right? The challenge is to find a lender that will take the deal. I have talked to many, not one of those I spoke with are offering the loans! They are waiting for the sell out program to bail them out for their bad loan making! So much for the summer rescue plan for owner occupied residents!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando