Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:59 PM

13 posts, read 32,765 times

Advertisements

After great thought and reading everything that has been posted about moving down to Orlando I am getting the feeling that New Yorkers are Just NOT WANTED THERE. It's not about if NYC bad or orlando worse these Forums are for Advise to help one another. Yes there may be some areas that are not great to live in but people please no matter where you go its like that. You cant Judge every New Yorker is the same. I feel if people are looking for advise its because they care about the quality of life and if there asking where are the good schools then these are the people that you should want as neighbours that there going to take care of the area and keep it at its best. I am Pretty sure not everyone in orlando is a native and that most of you came from somewhere else. Everyone deserve a chance and a better way of life for there family. I see that the people posting comments all live in some area of Orlando apparently if you not happy you will move and if your happy why try to ruin someone elses happiness. So please Help is what we need and for those of you have posted your comments with great suggestions THANK YOU because they have been really a great help you indicating the good schools shows the area that are worth moving to and for Us New Yorkers if you read most of the forums you will see that area Seminole county is the place for good schools and living area. Anyone with good suggestion please let me know Thanks. PS its not about NY vs Orlando we are tring to leave NY and become part of your County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 09:21 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrue View Post
After great thought and reading everything that has been posted about moving down to Orlando I am getting the feeling that New Yorkers are Just NOT WANTED THERE. It's not about if NYC bad or orlando worse these Forums are for Advise to help one another. Yes there may be some areas that are not great to live in but people please no matter where you go its like that. You cant Judge every New Yorker is the same. I feel if people are looking for advise its because they care about the quality of life and if there asking where are the good schools then these are the people that you should want as neighbours that there going to take care of the area and keep it at its best. I am Pretty sure not everyone in orlando is a native and that most of you came from somewhere else. Everyone deserve a chance and a better way of life for there family. I see that the people posting comments all live in some area of Orlando apparently if you not happy you will move and if your happy why try to ruin someone elses happiness. So please Help is what we need and for those of you have posted your comments with great suggestions THANK YOU because they have been really a great help you indicating the good schools shows the area that are worth moving to and for Us New Yorkers if you read most of the forums you will see that area Seminole county is the place for good schools and living area. Anyone with good suggestion please let me know Thanks. PS its not about NY vs Orlando we are tring to leave NY and become part of your County.

Believe me usually the hostillity that comes from Floridians on this topic stems from trying to be defensive against someone...not offensive.....here is how it goes down.......you live in your home for years right?.....and then people come in to it to stay the weekend but they start saying stuff like, "your walls have some ugly azz paint"....or "yeah i like your couch but mine is so much better".......well thats how we take it when weve been here and someone talks about our crime and how we don't know a thing about street mentality or when they talk about how there is no "real" food places around......it gets ridiculous....i have never thought in my mind that i would hate anything about NYC if i visited and i still do want to visit.....just wish people would "realize" how much different "all" cities are.....we aren't known for our tall housing projects with graffiti everywhere and grey looking skies in our ghettos....we are used to seeing crimes happen in the sunshine with palm trees around and we are used to seeing jail bars on all the houses in our ghettos....its different......we are a "newer" state.......the buildings up north look like they have more wear on them and culture because theyve been around alot longer....but we have colorfull newer buildings that dont look as "hard" or like theyve been through alot because most of our buildings are just babies....well apples and oranges man

Old 07-13-2007, 09:51 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyArlene View Post
Well im coming from the Bronx in NYC. The five burroughs have been my home and I am coming to live a quieter, more enjoyable lifestyle that i believe florida offers. But what i really want to know is this.

Is it really that bad?
Or are a few people here overreacting? I mean this from a NY point of view. I come from a place where there on 10 apts. on my floor. 17 floors in my building Im at the top. The elevator is always broken.
It's freezing. Snow is not nice in nyc because it turns to black slush within minutes. Crime is high. Schools are horrible. The Guardian Angels have been here since the 1980's. And you guys are going crazy that they are there now. I think they are just getting older want some property and liked Florida. If you buy a house in nyc you wont have any land, all attached. and expensive.

I have a two bedroom and pay $920. That's cheap in NY. People tell me how lucky i am. BTW our apartments dont include washer/dryer, a/c, garbage disposal, carpeting, pool, clubhouse, fitness center, park, and many other ammenities. So you see, I guess that's why we are coming.

And florida has so much for kids to do its ideal. in nyc its all theater and museums. and if you have a car there's no parking.

Well orlando, we are coming. Ready or not! And we're only coming to add to the place not take away from. Look forward to hearing your suggestions on schools, neighborhoods, any apts available. thanks

This is what i am talking about......i understand you want to let us know where "you" hail from, but we don't care because we only know "our" tough neighborhoods and situations that "we" go through......i would never think to explain that much about the way things happen in Florida to people in the NYC page...i personally would just ask for things i am looking for or things i dont wanna be around.....the poster here "needs" to put a view in "Floridians" minds that she has been through rougher things and seen worse than what "any" person from Florida could imagine.....i see this all over the other states forums....go to the Cali forums about L.A. or Orange county and read about people who are from Ohio asking about Cali ....Then read about people from NY that "have" to let everyone know how "great" or tougher it is ....when really no one goes to the NY forums as much to promote thier own state....why?....honestly what is the real reason New Yorkers do this.....(not all but majority)?.....please dont tell me its because you explain things in a more direct manner because there are people everywhere that can do that....like my boss who is from Georgia....he said i looked like **** the other day.....clear and to the point......i admit i didnt shave and was tired......so please let us know if it is just homesickness, or your love of your city, or whatever that makes you have to put 2 cents in about NYC being so great or worse in a conversation about other places on other peoples forums

Last edited by Yac; 04-29-2009 at 07:24 AM..

Old 08-04-2007, 07:53 AM
bw1

25 posts, read 92,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurphy View Post
Nirvana-guy is just as bad. I mean no disrespect, I'm sure he's well intentioned but he comes off about the same as Marylou, Christian11, and the various negative basher types that have all been banned.
Is it possible Nirvana-Guy and Christian11 are the same person? They sound exactly the same to me with sensational claims about gangs and crimes in Orlando and ridiculous comments about how awful it is that we have so many Spanish-speakers. People that constantly flood the board with bogus claims that distort the facts shouldn't be allowed to continue to post here. It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another to blatantly lie and mislead!

Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 AM

640 posts, read 3,075,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw1 View Post
Is it possible Nirvana-Guy and Christian11 are the same person? They sound exactly the same to me with sensational claims about gangs and crimes in Orlando and ridiculous comments about how awful it is that we have so many Spanish-speakers. People that constantly flood the board with bogus claims that distort the facts shouldn't be allowed to continue to post here. It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another to blatantly lie and mislead!

You got it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando