Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 08:35 AM

208 posts, read 974,853 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about Blue Haven Pools, out of Orlando. I know they have several stores all over but I'm most curious about the Orlando store. We're looking to build a pool at our house in Mount Dora and someone had referred them to me. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I am all ears!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoresubways View Post
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about Blue Haven Pools, out of Orlando. I know they have several stores all over but I'm most curious about the Orlando store. We're looking to build a pool at our house in Mount Dora and someone had referred them to me. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I am all ears!
i can help with this one.....
blue haven orlando built my pool in 2003. they got it done fast but had to come back and fix some major issues. i had to call them always. they actually told me once that if i kept harrassing them they would make me wait for warranty work to get done. I wish I had used artesian pools. they cost more (at that time) but the pools ive seen from them were nice and the owners that i know have no complaints.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks Curt I appreciate the feedback. After I posted this, I checked out some sites online and found a lot of similar feedback. Needless to say, I am DEFINITELY not going with Blue Haven!

I am looking at Mermaid Pools in Mount Dora now. I heard a couple locals talking about them and they sound pretty solid. Plus they are a local company not a huge national chain so that's a plus to me.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:54 PM

442 posts, read 2,913,034 times
We used Orlanod Pool by design they built the pool fast and used Crappy Subcontractors that had to come out and remove a section of our pool to find a Leak...then decided they drilled in the wrong place and did'nt know where the leak was coming from until we pointed it out to them after they had torn my pool apart..But it was all fixed , and as i see it they lost alot of meny rebuilding our pool...
its fine now, and i would'nt recomend them , only because of the Contractors they use....but as far as the company they worked to get our problem solved quickly ...
Stay away from Aztec pools!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 AM

So does anyone here have any experience with fiberglass pools? I've heard a lot of negative things about them, especially for Florida. I like the idea of them though, and it seems like it would be quicker and easier to install.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,780 times
i used artesian and i have a contact there for you! if you would like his name and number i'd be happy to PM it to you. they built my pool, finished UNDER the deadline, and you get what you pay for. i would use them again and again, and have recommended several happy people to them. great subcontractors too. they were recommended to me by 4 neighbors who have no complaints and i also love the salt system too!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:12 AM

1 posts, read 8,129 times
Smile No problems with Blue Haven Pools

I had my first pool built in 2002 by Blue Haven of Orlando and had no problems at all. The pool construction was very good and the service after was impeccable. They are now finishing my second Blue Haven Pool in Winter Garden. It looks great and will be done soon. Again they have done everything they said and built the pool to plan specs. Would use Blue Haven again if I were to build another pool in the future.
I know everyone gets complaints, but make sure you read your contract before you sign with any company. Get your salesperson to give you 3 of his referrals, call them and get feedback on their pool experience. I did before I went with Blue Haven, and I would gladly recommend them to anyone looking to build a pool or spa
Also I have a salesperson that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a pool designer. Just ask for Jim Cavanaugh. He is the best!

Last edited by Josser; 03-13-2007 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: Added Pool Designer's Name

Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 15,748 times
Anyone know of a good pool cleaning service. The company that works with our pool construction company can only clean on mondays in Baldwin Park.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 7,156 times
I used American Pools and Spas in Orlando, They finished the construction way before the deadline and their service is awesome. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando