U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 12,025 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about a community called Kingsridge??? It is located in Clermont a little town built on a hill or mountain?
Rate this post positively

Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 PM

16 posts, read 34,623 times
Default Malibu (Just out of curiosity)...

Just out of curiosity, what's the Malibu area of Orlando like? (There's a strong chance I'm moving to Orlando, btw.)

Last edited by DaBukaba; 01-19-2008 at 11:12 PM..

Old 01-20-2008, 09:59 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,538,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBukaba View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's the Malibu area of Orlando like? (There's a strong chance I'm moving to Orlando, btw.)

If your talking about malibu groves then forget it it`s in a very high crime area.

It`s near the lake mann housing one of the most dangerous areas in Orlando.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 PM

16 posts, read 78,681 times
Question Hi

i didn't read through all the pages.. i guess i should have before asking.. but if some1 asked any of my questions already, you dont have to answer becuase i'll read through this afterwards...

1.) my 1st question i was wondering about.. i don't know if you have ever rented an apartment, or if you know anything about this.. but the average apartment in central fl... what utilities are included? and what utilies do you usually have to pay for on your own? and about how much do they cost there.

* oh yea by the way i'll be moving to florida with my finace late summer/ early fall from PA. Were looking for a 1 bedroom apt in the Kissimmee area.

2.) Up here in PA i live with my parents and we have our own house and driveway.. so my finace's car isn't registured or have insurance or anything on it b/c he's fixing it up. Now when we uhaul it down to Florida.. can the car sit in the aparment complex without any of that registraion or plates or anything? [he won't be driving it]

3.) how much is gas on average right now for regular? I know it goes up like every week and everytime they can come up with an excuse so it'll change. But at this moment how much is it?

4.) do you have car inspections or emissions?

5.) what does your car insruance include? Do you have stuff like "full or limited tort" or collision?

6.) if you lost your license in PA due to going over the amount of points and such.. can you get your license in FL? like re-doing the test and everything.. not transfering?
-and if not.. how reliable is the bussing service.. and is there hours? Like well be looking at places near Disney basicly.

Wow lots of questions! haha. I hope you can answer them.. or at least some.. and i thank you so much in advance too. Thanks!!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 PM

16 posts, read 78,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.

oops i forgot 2 quote you on my preivious questions... so i'm quoting you on this one to let you know i asked questions like a min. ago. haha thanks.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:07 PM

431 posts, read 2,022,369 times
Default Altamonte Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Altamonte Springs is ok as long as its west of Ronald Regan Blvd...then there are some shady areas...but by the Altamonte mall is beautifull and pretty safe with the everyday normal stuff in an city.....i am from Miami too.....and used to actually live in Altamonte.....just Private message me if you want some real info about how it is compared to where u live in Miami
Several people have mentioned Altamonte Springs. I lived there from 2004-2006 off S.R. 436 by the Altamonte Mall. I thought Altamonte was a really nice neighborhood. Crime happens everywhere but for the most part, i never felt like i was in a crime ridden neighborhood or anything. Now as far as "decent" jobs in orlando, that is subjective, but the reality is that overall jobs don't pay well. If i were to try to dissuade someone from moving to Orlando, it would be because of the job market, not crime. Oh, and about the racial issues, i'm hispanic, and i didn't feel like there was racism. It is different than being in NY (another poster mentioned they wre moving from NY) where it is 100x more diverse. I definitely missed the diversity, but it wasn't like there was hatred against me or anything. The only advice i have for someone moving into Orlando is to get a job BEFORE you move!!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 PM

0 posts, read 44,095 times
Cool im moving to orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.

hello < well Im moving with my husband to Orlando this april 12, and we still not sure about witch apartment choose, we still dont know what zone is the best to live close to Universal Studios or Disney parks (jobs) but I still dont know, so can you please Advise us, we dont know anythng around there.
My husband is worried about the safety-apartments, we are just looking for apartments of 1 bedroom or studio of more than 500sqf and well is just for both of us.
I will PPRECIATE SOMEBODY HELP US AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Old 03-24-2008, 01:41 PM

1,988 posts, read 6,597,209 times
If you do not need to live there, I would avoid the areas immediately adjacent to Universal. There are a lot of nicer apartment areas around Disney and Celebration, but some may lack a neighborhood and established feel. There are some nice areas in Ocoee Winter Garden that you may want to look into, the further west the better is the general rule. By ZIP Code:

Nice but far: 32701,32714,32708,32751,32789, 32826, 32825, 32828, 32817

Not nice: 32807, 32805, 32811, 32707, 32703, 32835, 34741, 32822

Recommend: 32819, 32839, 32803, 32806, 32812, 32827, 32837, 32821, 32836,

I am missing a lot of ZIP codes and area, but Orlando is very "pockety" and certain areas are a lot nicer than others. Fortunately, there are apartments all over town and in the best area. Rent is about $800-1200 for somewhere nice.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 PM

12,289 posts, read 28,659,708 times
You can't get a license in FL if it's suspended in PA. We moved from PA and my husband had the same problem. Then he got caught driving on a suspended license here. Fines were very expensive, not to mention the classes you have to pay for and go to. It would be better to ride the bus or get a ride.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:09 PM

13 posts, read 57,129 times
I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.[/quote]

Hi Dizzy,

I'm planning in maybe moving to Central FL, depending.

Since you know so much about the Orlando area, I'd like to ask you what do you think of these neighborhoods: Meadow Woods, Wetherbee Lakes, Pebble Creek, Canoe Creek Estates, Remington, Mallard Pond, La Cascada, Anthem Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando