U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 08:37 PM

1,988 posts, read 6,605,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3770mw View Post
Give me the name of STEETS to look at moving on. Need safe, decent school, 20 mn from Disney, 20 min from Haines City, close to I-4, low crime rate... plese be specific, can only afford about 100K for a house or condo.
Look in south Clermont or Formosa Gardens. Inside Orlando, 100k will not get you much so you will want to stay outside the city.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-12-2009, 08:29 AM

7 posts, read 17,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Folks, some of you saying it's great to live in Orlando, well, look at some of the places you are quoting from, Winter Park, Lake Nona, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, etc. These are some of the more upper-scale areas, of course people would be happy in those areas, particularly if they are gated communities. But let's talk about other surrounding areas like Avalon, Waterford Lakes, Oviedo, near UCF, and you'll find out although the houses and neighborhoods are nice, try getting around those areas at the busiest times, esp. around 50/Colonial and Alfaya areas. And you are comparing the murder rate to that of the Philippines, duh?!!! Look what you are comparing it to?

If you like the heat, humidity, pollen, mold, bugs don't bother you, idiot drivers, accidents, then make Orlando your home. It'll work for some of you, it doesn't work for many others. Why do you think all the negative posts? And for those of you who say please leave, yes, we're making plans on leaving, just can't get out of here soon enough! I spent a week in the snow up north for Christmas, it was beautiful, it was cold, but at least I could breathe. I come down here, my throat, nose, eyes, get clouded with pollen in the air. Orlando does not work for me personally, it'll work for others. If you decide to move down here and it doesn't work for you down the line once the honeymoon period with the warm weather and Disney magic wore off, just remember the many people who tried to forewarn you.

all your blabbering about humidity, pollen, mold, etc multiply that about 10x more in the PI, have you ever seen a river thats flowing trash instead of water? traffic? hahaha roads there are so narrow, no freeways, just about rush hour throughout the day, and oh yeah 90% of the vehicles are diesel (you should try the experience of bumper to bumper traffic there hahaha), you still want to compare how bad orlando than it is in the pi? DOHH!? lolz

Old 01-12-2009, 03:07 PM

438 posts, read 625,289 times
hey mo-ro-on from the PI ,thats why Orlando is the way is,guys like you that think everything is no big deal.This is why USA has regulations to prevent conditions like you describe from happening.you can go home ,no big deal.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:47 PM

7 posts, read 17,283 times
hey dave, forgive me if i might sound like its a no big deal, but it is. just sharing my experiences while i was living in the pi, sorry. orlando now is our home, and we love it here. i just posted how bad it is there back home in the pi, now you want us to go back?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:04 PM

69 posts, read 268,953 times
ok folks I willmake this fairly easy, I grew up in Jax. and now live in Dallas, tX and I plan on moving back but this time to the Orlando area. we all know the facts of life theme "you take the good , you take the bad " you get the idea. now I live an a nice area of Dallas, but if you were to move here I could tell you where to stay away from ( I.E. where to go if you wanted to buy crack and $20 hooker) so that is the area I want to stay away from. I can research all the rest, schools, crime index,etc....but if I wanted to live within 20-30 mins of Orlando and not have people driving buy to buy crack and hookers, and only spend around 150K for a home, where might I look

Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,414 times
My husband is retiring soon and we are looking for a mobile home park 55+ to buy a mobile home. Don't want corporate owned; looking for family owned smaller place. Any help out there? Looking in Orlando or surrounding areas. Thanks!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 16,523 times
Ive read this whole blog. WOW! I think the glitz and glam starts for Orlando when u vacation there. Coming from South Jersey near Atlantic City, Orlando is a treat aesthetically with the sunshine and palm trees. My town Sicklerville NJ gets a bad rap sometimes with crime in pocketed areas too so I understand how hard it could be to explain where not to move into.

This forum has been informative and a bit entertaining too at times. I guess there is no real utopia out there anywhere.

Im re-thinking my endeavors to move to that area now I guess. Im not a fan of palmettos and lizards in my kitchen. Here in Jersey when we are transitioning from Fall to Winter we get an onslaught of crickets. If you have a good lawn guy that sprays twice a year then no worries. But if one of those suckers gets through and in my home and I hear him making noise, I instantly become a navy seal and seek and destroy!!

Gators too? I thought they were just at the everglades!! Oh Darn my dreams are being shot!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 PM

1,988 posts, read 6,605,952 times
That is because people exaggerate a lot on this forum. It is not without it's problems, but Orlando is also not Utopia. I think the manicured, clean appearance or the touristy areas can be deceiving to some though.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:33 PM

4 posts, read 7,473 times
Default maybe you can help

me and my boyfriend are moving down from massachusetts because he is going to go to universal technical institute down in orlando, honestly we are moving down there lost we dont know anything about the area its just been where we wanted to live. that being said... any ideas where we can find a really nice apartment or condo relatively close to his school for around 600-700 a month. thanks so much!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:21 AM

5,969 posts, read 8,298,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaz837 View Post
any ideas where we can find a really nice apartment or condo relatively close to his school for around 600-700 a month. thanks so much!
You are not going to find anything "really nice" in that price range. The most you may get in a nice area in that price range is a studio or small 1 bedroom. You may have to concentrate your search in Kissimmee for those prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando