Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 06:37 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times

Advertisements

Prices aside, for convenience and amenities, I would look at options in the Hunters Creek and Williamsburg areas. They are pretty diverse areas that are clean and still nice. Try to avoid areas along Orange Blossom Trail in the area and look at areas along John Young instead. There are several nice options, but these two areas will be closest for the commute to the campus.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:25 PM

4 posts, read 7,966 times
okay let me rephrase.. not really nice it doesn't need to be furnished or anything. thankk you!

Old 01-24-2009, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,452 times
Hi. my name is Latricia. I live in Detroit. I'm looking to be moving to Orlando, sometime soon maybe in the next 2 years. I want to know, How do I apply for section 8, and if it's a wesite I can apply online.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kijuan. View Post
Hi. my name is Latricia. I live in Detroit. I'm looking to be moving to Orlando, sometime soon maybe in the next 2 years. I want to know, How do I apply for section 8, and if it's a wesite I can apply online.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:19 AM

113 posts, read 309,666 times
Default I want to move to kissimmee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.
I want to move to kissimmee Is it a good town to raise kids in? Do they have alot of crime, drugs or killing there and do they have good schools there? My son has mental health problems so i have to find him a good doctor. do they get storms that cost alot of problems. The rents there are what i am paying in pa. we came down in nov and fell in love with kissimmee. I love the warm weather in the winter. I have sad and some mental health problems too. I also have problems with cold weather now that i am getting older. I have problems with my knee, back and hands and the cold weather makes it real bad. They hurt when i am outside. I had no problems for the 4 days that i was there. I would like to move near schools, parks, supermarkets and somewhere i could do the wash at.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 AM

113 posts, read 309,666 times
Default get hud in orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijuan. View Post
. go on google and put in hud for orlando fl. good luck to you.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
Default College Park vs UCF Area

We want our kids to attend the two Catholic schools in College Park area..Edgewater rd. I think, but wife will attend UCF for Masters and eventually the kids too....can you recommed a good area to live inbetween?. We like college park but it seems too expensive or too old...same with winter park....anything newer? we don't want the mega mansions...but nice area with good public schools as a backup in case kids don't like the private school or have to switch....

tks

Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
We want our kids to attend the two Catholic schools in College Park area..Edgewater rd. I think, but wife will attend UCF for Masters and eventually the kids too....can you recommed a good area to live inbetween?. We like college park but it seems too expensive or too old...same with winter park....anything newer? we don't want the mega mansions...but nice area with good public schools as a backup in case kids don't like the private school or have to switch....

tks
The Tuskawilla area of Winter Springs comes to mind and there are some private schools in this area as well. Unfortunately if you live out there, College Park is not the most convenient area to get to. Baldwin Park may be another option to look into as it is newer. A lot of people on here seem to be concerned with the area outside, but I like the E. Colonial area where Fashion Square and Colonialtown are. 436 is not nice through there though.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 PM

21 posts, read 104,888 times
Default Bimini Bay Resort

I am planning on moving to Fl in the near future, have been snowbirding for the past 3 years and am now ready to buy a place in Fl.
I found what looks like a good deal on a townhouse in the Biminin Bay Resort. I went to the website the realtor gave me and it looks great. I then went to Google to see what I could find and got mixed reviews and most were not current,2007, Does anyone know if the project was finished or did it fall apart. Any insight on this development project would be appreciated. The deal sounds so good and I know that if it sounds too good then it proably something wrong. Please let me know the true details on this development. Thanks for you time and help

Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM

30 posts, read 103,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post

tks

The catholic school you are referring to is Bishop Moore High School. There are several K-8 catholic schools in the area just google Orlando diocese.

As for a good inbetween area, alas communing between west side (that would be the high school area) and the east side of Orlando, is really going to put a strain on any busy family. UCF is locate east of Orlando, and the only really good roads that are not toll roads, are general busy and backed up from 6am to 9am and again from 4pm to 7pm. So choicing a good location that is reasonable is tough.

Some areas to consider are. Winter Park, Maitland, Winter Springs, Longwood, and even Casselberry.

Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando