U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM

28 posts, read 55,485 times

Advertisements

Hello I am a single mom from Mississippi and I am thinking about relocating to Tampa or Orlando. Me and my son are going to Orlando to visit Sea World and I am going to look around and see if any of these cities are what I'm looking for. Can you give me any advice?
Rate this post positively

Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM

80 posts, read 251,791 times
Default move

Lots of people from FL are moving to Raleigh, NC. I moved in 95 from the Winter Springs area and love it here. If any of you want info on the area, just let me know. The schools are great, its a family friendly area with a much more stable real estate market then FL has at the moment.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
[quote=Dizzy is Moving;387544]My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:36 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,722,697 times
[quote=mogul;8827727]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.
I agree. I'm all for not blowing smoke up anyone's A** but some of these folks go way overboard on the doom and gloom

Old 05-16-2009, 08:00 PM

59 posts, read 239,531 times
Dizzy, If I work in Orlando than where would be the safest family neighborhood to live in within a 30-60 minute drive ? I am thinking Davenport or Clearmont.Open to suggestions.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,892 times
hi my name is josh im currently a student at uti and im living off universal blvd. i want to relocate closer to my school with my girlfriend and our dog but im new down here and im not sure where we should go. any comments?

Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM

59 posts, read 239,531 times
O.K. I received no reply so I did more investagateing and found the perfect safest place to raise a family, Oviedo. Any input anyone ??

Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,860 times
I am considering moving to orlando area. Will be working at the airport (MCO) and would like to stay close. Can you recommend a safe and decent neighborhood to look into (leaning toward condo but house is not out of the option). I am a SWF in my 50's and travel a lot. Also, this is the first time I will be out on my own (sad, but true) and do not have "high end" resources available. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 AM

7 posts, read 22,978 times
My son will be attending UTI in August.... I am looking at the Hunters Creek area.... any info on that, or safe places to look at?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:24 PM

26,590 posts, read 57,233,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwadell View Post
My son will be attending UTI in August.... I am looking at the Hunters Creek area.... any info on that, or safe places to look at?
Hunters Creek is a safe and generally convenient area. The biggest downfall is that some people aren't thrilled with the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando