U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:38 PM

4 posts, read 6,688 times

Advertisements

black actually
Rate this post positively

Old 09-06-2009, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 6,688 times
hi im trying to move to orlando, i dont know to where to begin to look for employment. are the any temps there

Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,942 times
Hi, we're in a band from Tampa, we're breaking in to the Orlando market and we were wondering if anyone knows of any great blogs,chatrooms or .coms where we can reach college students-to-30 somethings and/or people whom attend UCF,Valencia,Full Sail and other networks...
thanks,
S.R.T!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 AM

5 posts, read 13,759 times
Smile ?Orlando,Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.

What can you tell me about Orlando?Really what I would like to know is,Where in Orlando is a good place to raise kids and less expensive?Any thing you can tell me may help. Thank you!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 AM

5 posts, read 13,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock67 View Post
I have been in Orlando for almost 3 months and I'm glad I didn't listen to the naysayers.
How is it going out there for you?I would like to move to Florida,But I dont know which part yet.Can any one give me any ideas?Which Part do you live in?

Old 09-07-2009, 03:24 PM

21 posts, read 39,230 times
I am looking to move in that orlando area, but looking for house developments that are due to be built within the next year or two... I want to go ahead and lock in the price we are looking in the $100,000-$150,000 range (not much to work with so we know we probably cant do Orlando but maybe the surrounding areas?) Also, if we rent before we get our house what apt complexes are in a nice area that are $700 and under?

I lived in Kissimmee about 9 years ago and know that lots have changed so we need advice on what areas are less crime ridden with good prices or maybe a developing area thats cheaper now and will get better in time? please send me a message with any info! it would be so greatly appreciated!

Old 09-08-2009, 08:43 PM

206 posts, read 872,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlet View Post
How is it going out there for you?I would like to move to Florida,But I dont know which part yet.Can any one give me any ideas?Which Part do you live in?
I live in the Lake Nona area and love it. Orlando is a big city in terms of area so there are a lot of neighborhoods I have yet to explore. So my other favorites to date are Windermere, Winter Park, Celebration, Baldwin Park, and several areas in and around Downtown Orlando.

Last edited by krock67; 09-08-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 11:13 AM

12 posts, read 65,561 times
How safe is the South Conway Rd. and Anderson Rd. area? It's just north of little conway lake. Thanks

Old 10-09-2009, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,706 times
Hi! I have a question for you, I'm sure your 15 yrs. are going to be helpful.
We are a family of 5. My husband and I are in the mid. 30s, and three kids (diff ages). What part of Orlando do you recommend. Considering schools (best of the best), neighborhood (safe, family oriented), medical (hospitals, dr. offices, etc), and of course malls, parks, etc, etc.
Thanks.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.
Thread: Two days ago I saw someone post some good zip code and bad for Orlando. Today I tried very hard but couldn't find it. Do you know anything about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando