Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 08:19 PM

30 posts, read 103,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysnowbird View Post
I am planning on moving to Fl in the near future, have been snowbirding for the past 3 years and am now ready to buy a place in Fl.
I found what looks like a good deal on a townhouse in the Biminin Bay Resort. I went to the website the realtor gave me and it looks great. I then went to Google to see what I could find and got mixed reviews and most were not current,2007, Does anyone know if the project was finished or did it fall apart. Any insight on this development project would be appreciated. The deal sounds so good and I know that if it sounds too good then it proably something wrong. Please let me know the true details on this development. Thanks for you time and help

Might I suggest that you swing by the resort on one of your annual migrations to Central Florida, and talk to some of the residents.

Jim

Old 03-08-2009, 08:13 AM

10 posts, read 19,301 times
I haven't lived here long but I live in Oviedo and I love it. It's quite with really good schools and thus far have had no problems. It's close to UCF and I can get right on the highway and be downtown in no time. (Depending on traffic)

Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 PM

11 posts, read 88,599 times
My job is in jeapardy in Colorado and I have the opportunity to stay employed if I live within one hour's drive of the Orlando Int Airport, but that's not the point my question-- I'm single, 30 and like to go out. Where is a good area for someone like me to live (staying within an hour of OIA)? To give you an idea of my interests, I love rock and metal and play the drums. I also rebuild old cars for fun and have been known to chase the ladies.. haha!!. I've never been to Orlando but have been to Florida twice and only saw old folks or gangmembers. I know that there is more to it and I'd appreciate an advice or tips. Thanks!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 PM

14 posts, read 75,271 times
Dizzy,

I am not moving to Orlando, but maintain an interest in the area as I was stationed there way back in 78-79 when I was in the Navy. I lived at McCoy annex in base housing. I know they have renovated and sold the capeharts, but what is the status of the townhouses? From the last news I heard (probably some 9-12 months ago), they were in dilapidated condition. If so, that's a shame. They were the better and newer of the 2 types of housing there. Lot of fond memories there and Orlando in general. Have a great day.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,145 times
Hello Sir. My name is Shawn. Im from Pa. In June I will be moveing to Kissimmee. I was woundering your out look on the area. Also some of my Florida ?'s most important being does the fine state of Florida have automotive state inspection and emissions testing if so when and whre is this done. I am a tech with a Ford dealer here in Pa. And we are tight like Cali. Every year with both. Full sniffer test ect. I would like to say thank you for your time good luck with your move to the west coast.

Shawn B.
Pa

Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM

31 posts, read 117,734 times
what nightclubs nightlife bars places to meet singles or go on dates in orlando.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
You should pick one of the several beautiful restaurants in the area for a date.
The coolest or nicest club right now is Ember.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,027 times
Default Help!

Hello my name is Aaron and come June I will live in Orlando and attend Universal Technical Institute. I have done a little browsing on the area and found I want to live at least 10-15 miles from the surrounding neighborhoods. If there is anyway you with all of your supreme Orlando knowledge could help me out and maybe point me in some good zip codes or areas for me and my girlfriend to just be safe...
Thanks
Aaron

Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM

43 posts, read 186,329 times
Default Moving to Orlando, dealing with the crime???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.

You have probably heard this question a thousand times but I need some honest opinion and it seems hard to get concrete answers from other people. What are some areas (zipcodes) of Orlando to definitely stay away from?

We are a young couple (22yrs. old) from Gainesville and we would like to live in a safe neighborhood. We went to the Orlando Sentinel crime map and have paired up the "better" zipcodes to the ones that we find in the realtor websites.

So far we have 32837 (Hunter's Creek), 32829 (Lee Vista Blvd), 32821 (Williamsburg/Lake Bryan) and 32832 (Lake Hart/Moss Park) as our preferred areas. Are there any other ones that are acceptable as well? In the realtor website, the zipcode 32822 (Ventura) comes up also with a lot of nice looking properties, is the area ok or unsafe?

Thanks for your time!

Old 05-08-2009, 09:40 AM

118 posts, read 479,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Flint View Post
Hello my name is Aaron and come June I will live in Orlando and attend Universal Technical Institute. I have done a little browsing on the area and found I want to live at least 10-15 miles from the surrounding neighborhoods. If there is anyway you with all of your supreme Orlando knowledge could help me out and maybe point me in some good zip codes or areas for me and my girlfriend to just be safe...
Thanks
Aaron

--- hunters creek, not even a 10 minute drive, safe friendly and a few bars to hang out at, 20 minute drive to the airport, disney, universal studios and downtown orlando
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando