Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 AM

10 posts, read 82,241 times

Advertisements

My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.

The amount of insane people posting about Orlando being some kind of drug crazed, mafia run cess pool is a bunch of BS, to put it kindly. If i had the time to spend to correct all the disinfo & paranoia being posted around here, I would - but i just dont have that kind of time. I am moving to the west coast of the us come July, so in my spare time I'll be in the California forum and i will do my best to help future Orlando residents here in this forum as well.

I am very familiar with Orlando and its close neighboring cities. If your moving here, or considering it, ask me anything you want. I will not sugarcoat it, but more inportantly - I will not give you some kind of delusional paranoid rant on Orlando being the next gotham city.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:53 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Why are you one of the thousands moving out if you love Orlando? Also have you seen the crime index for Orlando?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:15 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
she mustve missed you last 50 posts regarding the crime index

Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 AM

10 posts, read 82,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Why are you one of the thousands moving out if you love Orlando? Also have you seen the crime index for Orlando?

1) I'm moving out of Orlando because i feel like a change, nothing more, nothing less.
2) Where in my post did I say I "love Orlando"? Please do not misquote me.

That being said -

I am not in this forum to argue with the locals - If you are interested in moving to Orlando, I will offer my opinion & assistance over the next few months. I've lived here quite awhile & will be in this forum to help future residents.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy is Moving View Post
My first post - I have lived all around Central Florida: Orlando, Metro West, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Maitland, etc.
Maybe you can help me with some information. I have an opportunity to live with a friend in Altamonte Springs. I have also been told if I chose to live on my own I should look into South Apopka. Could you please give me any information (good and bad) as to the safety, atmosphere and anything else I should know about these areas.
Thanks!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM

107 posts, read 387,919 times
Dizzy take no notice of n a h he has nothing but bad to say about orlando and fl . we have been here for 14 years . like you just looking for a change

Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM

13 posts, read 78,111 times
Yes, I would like to ask you some questions. Do you know anything about the Winter Haven. My family is moving to Winter Haven from Ohio due to my husband's job. We are a young family-early 30's with 2 middle school children. I would just like some info. I have heard alot of negative with only some positive. I have already researched school districts online so I know what district I would like to be in but any other info would be nice and helpful. My husband is already in Florida working, I'm still in Ohio trying to sell a house in a depresssed area-not sure when I get to move down.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:07 PM

208 posts, read 974,853 times
Okay I have a question for you too. Realizing of course the whole area is completely flat, where would you recommend someone go for a good "hike" in the Orlando area? I call flat hiking "trekking" myself, but everyone has their own term.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:57 PM

266 posts, read 1,025,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Maybe you can help me with some information. I have an opportunity to live with a friend in Altamonte Springs. I have also been told if I chose to live on my own I should look into South Apopka. Could you please give me any information (good and bad) as to the safety, atmosphere and anything else I should know about these areas.
Thanks!
I don't "think" South Apopka is a very good area (I guess it depends on what they are considering South, I live in NW Apopka and its very nice here, new things going up all around, new developments, stores, movie theaters, dog park, redesigning downtown, new schools, lots of banks.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
A good place to do some hiking would be at Wekeiva Springs. I believe there is also some hiking trails at Rock Springs as well. If you really want to get lost in the woods, Ocala National Forest is about the biggest one around. Also, try hiking the 40 mile streach of Canaveral National Seashore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando