Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:55 PM

27 posts, read 64,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saras1084 View Post
Thanks for all of help guys! It's really appreciated.

After visiting last week, we have learned that we need to stay on the west side of I-4, but the east side of 436! And we don't want to be exactly on 436 because it's not the greatest area... Hmm... This is all so confusing! HAHA..

Anyways, if any of you know of good places or have input on the places that we are considering (Siesta Lago, Miriada, Sienna Place, Valencia Plantation) please let me know!

Thanks Again!
Good luck and come back and let us know where you decided.
We were down last month looking at colleges and I still can't decide on where we would live. We looked at Clermont.
My daughter has applied to UCF and we're waiting to hear if she's been accepted. We want to move down too at some point in the future, but not now. Still have a little one in school and the public schools up here are much better than those in Florida. Can't stand this weather now!! Too cold today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 03:31 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,825,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillybear View Post
We were down last month looking at colleges and I still can't decide on where we would live. We looked at Clermont.
My daughter has applied to UCF and we're waiting to hear if she's been accepted. We want to move down too at some point in the future, but not now. Still have a little one in school and the public schools up here are much better than those in Florida. Can't stand this weather now!! Too cold today!
Will she be living on campus? You don't want to commute from Clermont every day to UCF. It takes me almost an hour to get from here to there during non-rush hour. My next door neighbor's daughter goes there, she lives on campus and comes home (sometimes) on the weekend.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:44 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,940,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillybear View Post

Rhode Island schools are not known to be all that good either, my son is in school here and is doing fantastic you need to research the schools because all of them are not that bad we have some really good ones.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 AM

71 posts, read 110,787 times
For Apartment Condo rental try Maitland Off the interchange. Universal Winter park means you want decent access to I-4. Commuting in orlando is a bugger. Mabey even one of the downtown Orlando new high rise things. All traffic is centered around in and out of Orlando. Its easier to swimm up river in rush Hour.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,411 times
Are you using a good website, such as Rentalsorlando.com? I would recommend that you rent in the SW Orlando zip codes of 32835( Metro West area); or the Winter Park zip codes of 32789 and 32792. Many apartmts and townhomes in MetroWest are gated, and you would be 5 minutes from Universal Studios. The demographic is very young . I lived there for two years and really liked the area. If you prefer Winter Park, you will find low rents there, somewhat older communities, a lot of trendy stores and restaurants.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:40 AM

14 posts, read 54,076 times
Default Stick to dr.phillips and you can't go wrong.

Forget Metrowest. Forget Semoran. Stay in Dr. Phillips area. But what demographic are you looking for?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:31 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,367,032 times
Metrowest and Dr. Phillips is my favorite area of Orlando. Great schools, great landscaping, close to Disney, Universal, Outlets, Milennia Mall, I-drive, really nice houses and grocery centers, and very new. Definetly check the areas out before signing a lease, I am almost certain you will choose one of the two I mentioned.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM

27 posts, read 64,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
Rhode Island schools are not known to be all that good either, my son is in school here and is doing fantastic you need to research the schools because all of them are not that bad we have some really good ones.
Well that is true, I know it's not fair to make a blanket statement like that, but the community that we live in the schools are top in the state, and are consistantly rated at or above the standard. I have known friends that moved to Florida, thought their kids would be attending a certain school but then told that they were being sent to a different county system...that does not happen in RI. If you reside in a certain town, then that's where your kid goes to school.

And no, if we were to move to Clermont, my daughter would still live on campus at UCF at least her first and possibly second year. Then she plans on living at the Rosen College campus which is on Universal Blvd. I think that commute would not be too bad, since I have friends that live in King's Ridge in Clermont and work at Disney's reservation center, which is pretty close to Rosen.
But all of this is moot until we hear from UCF as far as an offer of admission

Last edited by lillybear; 12-05-2008 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-18-2008, 03:54 PM

118 posts, read 477,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
so where does brown university, providence college and new england institute of tech. fall into???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando