Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 4,447 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about moving to Florida within the next year/two years. We have one daughter starting college and another graduating this year. I am retirement eligible and work for a major insurance carrier in their Investigation Unit. My wife works in a pre-school. We obviously would be looking for something to supplement my retirement (she has none). We are looking in the Seminole County area primarily. I have heard good things about Viera too. Can we get some info on Longwood, Lake Mary (hear wonderful things), Altamonte Springs, etc. We also like the ara north of Orlando. We are planning on starting our house hunting this fall to get a feel. Any realtors better than others?
I like Clearwater but to me it is getting expensive. We now live in New Jersey in a very summer-busy shore community. Additionally are there any Florida west coast communities that you can suggest as we have become partial to the lifestyle of being near the water(hate the Florida east coast and all the BENNYS that come to our NJ community in the summer). Our budget for a home would probably be in the $200K-$300K range; but may be able to push that higher in two years. Our lifestyle is not flashy; like to travel,eat out,Disney,walk/bike. Just want to chill after this type of intense work I do.
This is just a snapshot of our situation-is there anything else that would influence our decision? Best source of info?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by Giadzi; 08-08-2009 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 02:14 PM

793 posts, read 2,525,262 times
Pre-welcome,
My wife and I currently live in the Lake Mary area and have family in Longwood and Tuscawilla area of Winter Springs all great areas.

If I can help further just PM me.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
If you like Clearwater and want to be closer to the best beaches in Florida then you need to look below Sarasota area at maybe Venice, Osprey etc.

Personally I like the gulf side towns and beaches better. But some of those smaller towns below Cocoa at also pretty nice. Since you did mention Viera.

Since you are coming from a smaller beach town in NJ then I am thinking you might want to be closer to similar small beach town in Florida.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 AM

793 posts, read 2,525,262 times
On home price target and biking combined look into the Lake Mary area around Rhinehart Road, nice communities with the Cross Seminole Bike Trail running along Rinehart tying to other trails, there's even a bike overpass crossing I-4.

You can also access the trail from Winter Springs and parts of Longwood.

Hope this helps,

Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
Moving this to Orlando section, hopefully you can get some more answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando