Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 04:08 AM

5 posts, read 18,667 times

Advertisements

Hi all -- wife and I are looking to move to Lake Mary in a few months, and I'm wondering what are some good options for fast Internet. At least in Key Largo, where we currently live, Comcast cable Internet has a bad reputation; down time is high and it can take days for them to resolve a problem. Anyone use Comcast in the area and is happy with their uptime?

What other options are there. While I've been very happy with AT&T DSL, I'd like to switch to cable so I don't have to get a landline, and then use Vonage to keep my exiting number. Thanks for any suggestions! -- Omar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,780 times
hi there! i've lived in lake mary for over 13 years, and for many of them i've used road runner and have had very good luck. it is through brighthouse cable, and it's been fantastic! hope that helps! welcome to the area!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I'm not in Lake Mary but I also ahve Brighthouse, and they are super. Even when we have an outage they are very, very responsive. Their customer service is fantastic.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:27 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Default Brighthouse cable is the only game in town

I moved here from the DC area 5 months ago. Seem Brighthouse cable is the only game in town.

The cable internet provided by them is reliable. I've had 1 day of outage but that's it. So that's very reliable. I was originally one of the "beta testers" for Road Runner cable back in Kansas City back in 1997 so I know a thing or two about cable internet. Back than, the internet would be down over 30% of the time over the one year period I was a tester....However, I got one year free cable internet so free is always good.

Sad the Orlando area does not have anything close to what I had back in the DC area. Verizon FIOS internet/TV is absolutely the best package. I hope one day ATT will offer their fiberoptic service for the people down here.

But for now Brighthouse cable internet will do. I feel their digital cable is so so at best in my personal opinon.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
I second that, BH is for the most part a pretty stable provider...I would not get DSL under any conditions...

Old 11-22-2008, 05:01 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times
Brighthouse is good. The cable (and the internet) hasn't gone out at all (to my knowledge) the 3 years I've been here.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM

Default verdict

well I decided to go with Brighthouse...so far so good!

And thanks for all the advice!

Omar

Old 03-31-2009, 05:11 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Op999 View Post
Hi all -- wife and I are looking to move to Lake Mary in a few months, and I'm wondering what are some good options for fast Internet. At least in Key Largo, where we currently live, Comcast cable Internet has a bad reputation; down time is high and it can take days for them to resolve a problem. Anyone use Comcast in the area and is happy with their uptime?

What other options are there. While I've been very happy with AT&T DSL, I'd like to switch to cable so I don't have to get a landline, and then use Vonage to keep my exiting number. Thanks for any suggestions! -- Omar
Why don't you try Majic Jack for phone serivce for $20 a year.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Why don't you try Majic Jack for phone serivce for $20 a year.
I wanted to keep my old landline number, and it won't let me. Otherwise I would have gone for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando