Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 14,284 times

Advertisements

I am a "young" single female retiree relocating to the Orlando area soon and would like opinions on the following Aimco apartment complexes and whether the areas they are located in are safe...... and what shopping, grocery stores, restaurants, etc. are within reach:

Sawgrass Apts. on S. Conway Rd. in Orlando
Windrift Apts., on Crowsnest Cirlce in Orlando
West Winds Apts., on Eastwinds Dr. in Orlando
and
Signal Pointe Apts. on Howell Branch Rd. in Winter Park

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 02:36 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,148,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amk1939 View Post
I am a "young" single female retiree relocating to the Orlando area soon and would like opinions on the following Aimco apartment complexes and whether the areas they are located in are safe...... and what shopping, grocery stores, restaurants, etc. are within reach:

Sawgrass Apts. on S. Conway Rd. in Orlando
Windrift Apts., on Crowsnest Cirlce in Orlando
West Winds Apts., on Eastwinds Dr. in Orlando
and
Signal Pointe Apts. on Howell Branch Rd. in Winter Park

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.
Sawgrass Apartments are among the nices in Conway. This area is average to nice and has lower crime than average. There is a Publix, Winn Dixie, CVS and Walgreens in the area, but most of the restaurants are fast food. You have to go to the airport area or East Colonial to find better restaurants. Just my take though, Conway is a nicer area to own than rent. I do not like a lot of the apartments in Conway myself but I live in Conway and like the area a lot.

I would avoid the second listing as it is on a half industrial and pretty dumpy area of North Goldenrod. The plus would be that there is a Target up the road a ways but there are a lot of students in this area and it is not nice until you get closer to and north of University. I do not have a lot of good things to say about it as is lies pretty much in the Goldenrod and Union Park area and East Colonial in this area is pretty run down and dirty. The rule for me here is stay north of University or south of Lake Underhill between Goldenrod and Alafaya. This is mainly due to E Colonial.

The third option is in Metrowest. People will warn you up and down against this area, but as long as you stay away from the Walmart there you should be okay. The nicer parts of Metrowest are along Hiawassee as opposed to Kirkman like this complex. There is a lot of convenient shopping and eateries in this area, as well as Universal Studios. Another thing to note is that this area is extremely busy with really wide roads and some of the deadliest intersections in all of Florida, so you would want to be careful here. The Mall of Millenia is close with a SuperTarget and this is all pretty nice.

The fourth option is nicer as you are just east of the really nice Winter Park which has great shopping and restaurants and culture. 436 that is just east of here is also really busy but has almost every store and chain you can think of close. It is not a bad area, but it is not that great either.

Hope that helps, it was kind of all over he place. My tops would be option 1 or 4.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:10 PM

291 posts, read 1,203,997 times
I checked out the Signal Pointe Apartments on apartment review and here is what the residents had to say about it ~~~

Signal Pointe Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Winter Park apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

I would check out that website for reviews on the other apartments too ~ it may help

Good luck with your choices!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it. You've given me a lot to consider. Sounds like I've got some more checking to do.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Thanks, Earthfaries for the tip about Signal Pointe Apts. I checked them out as you suggested and it appears that it is a bad situation.

I've come up with 2 more complexes and would like someone's opinion on their location, too, if possible.

Millenia West on Fitness Circle in Orlando and Blossum Corner on Raper Dairy Rd in Orlando, also. It's beginning to look very challenging. I can't afford a trip to check things out so any information or experiences you've had with either of these complexes will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,470 times
i was thinking of signal pointe apartments too. just wondering if the neighborhood was a good place to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando