Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,997 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking at homes in that area and we found one that we may like... any info on the area is appreciate.. I know the schools are not that great..especially the high schools.
I would rather Dr. PHillips or Metrowest but the house prices are still above what we want to spend.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,148,439 times
South Chase is one of those areas that is just average. There is nothing too special about it, but it is also not a horrid area that I would advise you avoid either. Nicer options in the immediate area include Wyndham Lakes and Hunters Creek or Williamsburg, but South Chase is not the worst. It is nicer than Oak Ridge or the Sky Lake area around Florida Mall. If you a more affordable area like this that may be a little better than South Chase, I would look into Conway or Altamonte Springs.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM

986 posts, read 3,550,158 times
I would have to agree with Wilshire. May i ask what sort of price range you are looking in to be able to assist you a little better. Also, have you spoken to a mortgage broker to get prequalified. The reason i ask is you only truely know your buying power and how much you can afford when you get prequalified at a certain rate, as that rate may change the price range you are looking for. I cant tell you the amount of times i have had clients who know they can afford a certain amount per month, only to find out that to achieve that amount the rate they qualify is higher meaning their buying power is less than they thought. This also happens the other way around, meaning people qualify for a much better mortgage rate so to achieve the same payments they can afford slightly more.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 8,997 times
thank you for your response... We dont want to go over 200k we can go up to 210 but I really dont want to go that much... we found 1 in the windrose sub.. I love the house so does husband and son, I just dont like the preservere in the back.. to much bush who knows whats living in them...plus this one we are getting really cheap..

Old 12-06-2008, 07:36 AM

2 posts, read 6,009 times
Well, I haven't heard the best things about Southchase as I have friends that live there. They have said there is a problem with gangs and crime on the increase there.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,148,439 times
It is not the smallest area too, so it can vary by street and subdivision.
I also know people who live there and do not have those problems.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:03 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,141 times
The area of Southcase being referred to is pretty nice. It is very quiet and safe. The area that has the problems is off of OBT (Peppermill and Gingermill for example). It is the older subdivisions that I would avoid.

Also, I think the preserve surrounding that area is beautiful but do understand your concerns about wildlife. I would ask someone in the neighborhood if they have a problem. My parents live in a similar neighborhood and enjoy the wildlife (bunnies, wild turkey, cranes, bald eagles, etc). The only problem they have had is a wild boar tearing up their yard.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM

189 posts, read 436,113 times
I live in southcase, and grew up here. It isn't a bad neighborhood, it's slightly older (15-20 years old), but it has maintained itself over the years, I'd say a majority of the people/families here are the original buyers when southchase was built. People here actually know and talk to their neighbors. There's two sides to southchase: the 32824 side, from the turnpike bridge to Orange Ave, and the 32837 side from the bridge to OBT. Both of them are equally nice. The 32824 side has the elementary school, the Mormon church, a neighborhood car wash and a 7-eleven. The 32837 side has the South Creek post office, The South Creek Library, a Lutheran, a recently built Greek Orthodox, and all the plazas lining OBT which include Publix, Aldi, Office Max, Planet Fitness, a cheaper movie theater(on certain times of the month they show Indian and Bollywood films), a soon to open Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, Guitar Center music store, and many ethnic restaurants. If you have any questions let me know. Its your average middle class neighborhood.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:38 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
Hello,
I am looking at homes in that area and we found one that we may like... any info on the area is appreciate.. I know the schools are not that great..especially the high schools.
I would rather Dr. PHillips or Metrowest but the house prices are still above what we want to spend.

thanks
Those homes are less than 5 years old I believe. I almost rented a room from somebody there, gorgeous area

Also look into Wyndham Lakes area, as well as Falcon Trace and Hunters Creek too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando