Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 AM

4 posts, read 10,714 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for the information.

Mr.White
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy Nickelson View Post
Hello We are moving to the orlando area this summer. I like the homes in the Kissimmee area. where would you recomend buying . Where there are not rentals. and gated. with comm.pool. Thanks
Where will you be working? Most people tend to avoid Kissimmee unless they can't afford anything else or they can afford one of the very few really nice but very expensive communities--and then you still need to deal with the poor schools...

Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
That may be the case where you are now, but as far as the HOA's around here are concerned, babysitting two kids is the same thing as running a home day care--with or without a license. I would get it in writing in both your lease and from the HOA that babysitting is allowed.

do u kno of a babysitting job in kissimmee for 15 yr.old...i live right across from horizon middle school

Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,429 times
I live in Davenport and love it! I own what used to be a rental home. Rental homes are very well kept up. The area is designed for short term rental and that doesn't seem to cause any problems for the locals :-) it pretty much means its going to be a quiet neighborhood.
I wouldn't purchase a home in Kissimmee. I agree with what others said.. I'm not rasist but the amount of non white people are staggering! Davenport is predomitely white & I can walk down the street withought worry of being mugged.

Oh for those of you that live in Davenport or the surrounding areas check out Facebooks group Davenport FL Locals

Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,839 times
Enjoyed the comments. We are looking for a short-term rental in Davenport as well - 2-3months in the winter. I'm glad to hear that it is a respectable area and that many of the resorts are quite nice. We are not 'touristy' and are just looking for a quiet neighbourhood to spend some down time.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,973 times
New to the Forums here!

Ok looking for guidance...

We also need a Short Term Rental for three months first also. (So open to suggestions on this also.)

For long term we are trying to move into the Kissimmee area or perhaps Davenport. Since I work for Disney at a Resort I am trying to stay in that area. Suggestions?

We want a ranch style, fenced in back yard allowed area, Palm Trees in the yard, etc... and of course looking for the typical other specifics like low to no crime, good middle and high schools, to be able to walk around in the neighborhood and feel safe.

TIA

Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
New to the Forums here!

Ok looking for guidance...

We also need a Short Term Rental for three months first also. (So open to suggestions on this also.)

For long term we are trying to move into the Kissimmee area or perhaps Davenport. Since I work for Disney at a Resort I am trying to stay in that area. Suggestions?

We want a ranch style, fenced in back yard allowed area, Palm Trees in the yard, etc... and of course looking for the typical other specifics like low to no crime, good middle and high schools, to be able to walk around in the neighborhood and feel safe.

TIA
You aren't going to find good schools in those areas. Look to Clermont or Windermere. What's your price range?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
You aren't going to find good schools in those areas. Look to Clermont or Windermere. What's your price range?
Trying to work around 120K - 200K. I thought I have seen good schools as long as you stay to the west end of Kissimmee.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Trying to work around 120K - 200K. I thought I have seen good schools as long as you stay to the west end of Kissimmee.
Nope. Look in Clermont north of Lake Louisa, make sure you get East Ridge High--"A" rated as is Windy Hill Middle. Try Legends, Regency Hills, Hartwood Reserve, Greater Hills, Lost Lake, Hartwood Reserve, etc.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Nope. Look in Clermont north of Lake Louisa, make sure you get East Ridge High--"A" rated as is Windy Hill Middle. Try Legends, Regency Hills, Hartwood Reserve, Greater Hills, Lost Lake, Hartwood Reserve, etc.
Took down your recommendations. What area do you hail from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando