Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times

Advertisements

Snow is beautiful, but I feel very comfortable in this weather we have had all week, so I would not trade that to see snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 09:29 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
i do not miss the snow one bit being from detroit, mi....i could not ever get bored w/80 degree temps during the winter season or should i say, late spring for fla....i love it...

Old 12-22-2008, 07:36 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post

Why would I ask around ? I don't care who wants to leave and go to NC. I don't want to be in NC anymore, I want to be in Fl., lol.
Everyone is different and I will be happy in Fl and not in NC just as some would be happy in NC and not in FL.
The Carolina's are not all that great to live in . Yes, the weather is great and the mountians are beautiful but the pollution here in Asheville is awful. In the summer you can't even see the mountians!
Anyway, I'm so tired of people asking why I'm leaving NC to go to Fl. I am going for fun and I will deal with the heat just fine for a couple of years thank you very much. I would go crazy if I had to stay in Asheville any longer!!!
If you guys don't want to live in FL anymore ~ move like I'm doing. I want to move and I'm making it happen. I stop being happy someplace and I leave...that's the way it shoud be When I'm not happy in Fl anymore, in a year or two ~ I will move again , not stay there and complain about it
Earthfaries, I have seen a few of your posts and as a Florida native I want to welcome you to my fabulous state! Believe me, there are way more people that love it here than don't, it's just that the ones who don't like it are more vocal on this forum.

My hubby and I actually had bought a house in Asheville a few years ago (we still had a home in Fla.) with the idea that we would spend as much time as we could in the area and possibly retire there. We thought (and still do think) that the area is quite beautiful, the mountains are so majestic and alive with wildlife - and we loved the charming downtown. But at the end of the day (and three years of trips and spending time) the glow was wearing off. I agree with you about the pollution, I have allergies and respiratory problems and was always sick up there. I also hated the haze over the mountains, and the weather was way too cold a lot of the year for us - we hate to layer up in clothes or turn on the heat! lol

Bottom line, we realized we already had paradise in our own backyard - Florida is certainly not perfect but weatherwise it can't be beat for 6-7 months out of the year, and frankly, I don't even mind the summers. There is so much to do and enjoy here in Florida, we also have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and tons of fabulous wildlife. I am sure you will enjoy yourself here, and as you said, if the day comes you aren't enjoying it anymore you will find another place that suits you for that particular time in your life.

Good luck, and may you enjoy every minute of your new life here!

Blessings,
gypsychic

Old 12-22-2008, 12:46 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
The weather this morning and this afternoon can't be beat. Strong sun + low 60's now and it might dip into the high 40's tomorrow am. Very dry and breezy. Its too bad it won't last a few more days. Looks like by weds we'll be 80 degrees and it will last through the weekend.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
The weather this morning and this afternoon can't be beat. Strong sun + low 60's now and it might dip into the high 40's tomorrow am. Very dry and breezy. Its too bad it won't last a few more days. Looks like by weds we'll be 80 degrees and it will last through the weekend.
I'm freezing here today! Can't wait until it gets back up into the 80s this week.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 PM

291 posts, read 1,204,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Earthfaries, I have seen a few of your posts and as a Florida native I want to welcome you to my fabulous state! Believe me, there are way more people that love it here than don't, it's just that the ones who don't like it are more vocal on this forum.

My hubby and I actually had bought a house in Asheville a few years ago (we still had a home in Fla.) with the idea that we would spend as much time as we could in the area and possibly retire there. We thought (and still do think) that the area is quite beautiful, the mountains are so majestic and alive with wildlife - and we loved the charming downtown. But at the end of the day (and three years of trips and spending time) the glow was wearing off. I agree with you about the pollution, I have allergies and respiratory problems and was always sick up there. I also hated the haze over the mountains, and the weather was way too cold a lot of the year for us - we hate to layer up in clothes or turn on the heat! lol

Bottom line, we realized we already had paradise in our own backyard - Florida is certainly not perfect but weatherwise it can't be beat for 6-7 months out of the year, and frankly, I don't even mind the summers. There is so much to do and enjoy here in Florida, we also have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and tons of fabulous wildlife. I am sure you will enjoy yourself here, and as you said, if the day comes you aren't enjoying it anymore you will find another place that suits you for that particular time in your life.

Good luck, and may you enjoy every minute of your new life here!

Blessings,
gypsychic
Thanks for the kind words, welcome and well wishes Do you two still have a home in Asheville, or visit?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Thanks for the kind words, welcome and well wishes Do you two still have a home in Asheville, or visit?

You are most welcome!

We sold our house there this past summer. Since we have gone up so many times, it will probably be a while before we go back, but I am sure we will want to visit again after some time goes by, especially during the beautiful fall season!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
I'm freezing here today! Can't wait until it gets back up into the 80s this week.
SMACK!!! LOL!

I am on day FOUR of `15 degrees and windy and freakin COLD here in Philly!!!! We had some sleeting rain crap on Sunday and I almost went sailing down the porch stairs on the way to church. Won't miss that at all!! AGGGHHHH!!!

This process is painstakingly slow. At least the hubby and I have the next ten or so days off to get this house in tip top shape to put on the market!!! Looking forward to brighter, warmer days ahead!

Old 12-23-2008, 11:14 PM

290 posts, read 688,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Yeah but usually cold temps here in Texas = very high winds as well which makes it 1000x worse. Believe me its no fun!!!
See the annoying thing with Florida..and Orlando in particular..is the opposite of what you're saying. You say Dallas takes these drastic drops down in temperature throughout the day, well here it starts out great in the morning, low 60's with a nice little chill..and then by 12 or 1, it's hot & humid at 85 degrees!

It's so aggravating to dress according to the weather in the morning, long sleeves or with a sweater or coat, and then a few hours later you're stuck having to carry around your coat and sweat in your long sleeve shirt. And like other people are saying, unless you've actually dealt with it, you just don't understand how incredibly uncomfortable it is to walk around sweating, and there's nothing you can do about it. But then again, I don't know how thrilled I'd be about shoveling snow daily.

But see, if you're in a cold place, just throw on a sweater. Here in the hot & humid ridiculousness, what can you do but just suffer?! Carry around one of those little water bottles with the fans on them? lol. I'm looking to move to the Carolinas myself here in the next year or so.

Oh, and I totally agree with whoever it was that said it really sucks spending your Christmas day in 80+ degree weather! All those "white christmas" songs will never apply to us. Boooo

Old 12-24-2008, 06:14 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
SMACK!!! LOL!

I am on day FOUR of `15 degrees and windy and freakin COLD here in Philly!!!! We had some sleeting rain crap on Sunday and I almost went sailing down the porch stairs on the way to church. Won't miss that at all!! AGGGHHHH!!!

This process is painstakingly slow. At least the hubby and I have the next ten or so days off to get this house in tip top shape to put on the market!!! Looking forward to brighter, warmer days ahead!
Your making me jealous. I will be enjoying that weather soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando