Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 PM

17 posts, read 37,339 times

Advertisements

Ok I just love florida weather and we are thinking alos of moving but I will like to know wherea bout in Orlando would anyone suggest..I have looked into the A.Springs area, not directly in orl, but at least close to it..We have 4 kids now, well 2 young children and 2 adult children who also will relocate but eventually move out..How is the job market for network Tech's in the area and I do great in sales! Please any help...Since 2009 is when we may be looking to move depending on husband job, and if I can finish school within 7 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,502,207 times
Look in Oviedo, Lake Mary, and Winter Springs.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:57 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,912,549 times
You may want to post this on the Orlando forum. It will probably get moved. But, anyhow....With kids, I definately recommend Seminole County for the schools. I would find out where your work would be located and base the rest on that. There are several suburbs around Orlando that all have the same conveniences to offer. Where are you moving from?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:06 PM

17 posts, read 37,339 times
Default Thanks

We are actually moving from N.C..My husband family is use to warm weather, adn his mom who is thinking of moving with us won't do good in cold weather so looking into Fla for the weather for her..

Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 PM

255 posts, read 754,391 times
You may want to check out Mount Dora also. Beautiful area and great schools! Best of luck on the move

Old 01-01-2009, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,777 times
How about not coming here, pleaaasssssssssse do not come here, it is a hell hole, some of the most unfriendly people are here in central florida, im leaving in 6mths, and moving, the school is a joke, the crime is getting worse everyday, the traffic is crazy, and the people are some of the most unfriendly in the world, please heed my warning, do not come here, it is the worst place i have ever lived in my life, and i have lived all over the world. I can even would rather go back to ny in the dead of winter than live here. And i hate snow, there is something wrong with the people here, maybe its the heats the reason they are so unfriendly. The people in manhattan are easier to deal with than here, i love florida, but i hate central florida, and miami. Im moving to paisley where the people are a little more human.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:53 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,825,468 times
People are very friendly here, as long as you don't have an attitude problem.

As far as jobs, a lot of companies won't even hire you until you are living here. There is plenty of local talent in teh two career paths you are talking about, so that's something to consider.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:27 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,912,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peguero4 View Post
We are actually moving from N.C..My husband family is use to warm weather, adn his mom who is thinking of moving with us won't do good in cold weather so looking into Fla for the weather for her..
Where are you in NC? I think you have many options. Where would you be working?

Old 01-01-2009, 07:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,747 times
If you want to be close to the orlando area, Metro West would be best. It is close to Universal and downtown Orlando. I lived there when I move from NY. I also lived on the East side by the airport and had no problems, there are a lot of hispanics. Conway is a decent strip, you can look into. I have heard that there are places in Sanford, but it is about 20 minutes from the city. Goodluck

Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,578,129 times
I like the downtown area and the area on the north, south and west side of the executive airport. Do not confuse the executive airport with Orlando International. Nice shopping choices around Herndon on SR50. Generally very quiet and home prices very reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando