Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 9,999 times

Advertisements

Looking toward moving down to Orlando from NYC in about 2 years. Just came back from Orlando, spending 2 weeks there. Looked into the community called Williamsburg, right off Central Florida Parkway. Can anyone provide me with some information about Williamsburg?

I really do not know where to start but it looks like a very stable area.

Would appreciate any help, especially those who already live there.

Thanks,

Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 05:08 AM

442 posts, read 2,912,173 times
its stable but there has been alot of 'bad press" around there because of the New Seaworld water park going in right behind part of williamsburg...Im a nurse and i have taken care of a lot of patients that are from the williamsburg neighboorhoods...there are alot of older people in there.. not alot of children....
not to sure of the age of the homes in there either...my friends MIL use to live in a condo in there it was about 10 yrs old...
Wiilliamsburg was a "recruitment" developement back in the 70s i believe there is alot of New Yorkers living in there...
good luck its pretty central to everything!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:01 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,187,889 times
Williamsburg is where New Yorkers go to retire, if for some reason they must be in Orlando. It's an established community, also known for having some real crotchety old people on the Association Board.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 10,596 times
are there any houses for sale l can see threw the internet l would appriciated very much thank you

Old 02-19-2009, 07:25 AM

157 posts, read 477,507 times
It was built by Levitt homes. (The guy who built Levittown out on Long Island NY post WW2). It was built & sold in the early 80's as a 55+ community and its big market was from NY. They were sold sight unseen from a sales center in which you could see video's of the place . $500. got you in as they were selling from the mid $30's- low 40's. After about 2000 plus homes of the projected 10,000 were built Levitt went bust due to poor management and shady contractors. The tile roof houses were the first to be built and they had major roof leaks. These homes were built bare bones with all contractors quality fixtures and such. If they weren't completly renovated by now you may need to look into that aspect. They do have nice club houses with pools and tennis courts. As stated before most of these homes are senior citizen owned and need work. The flip side is that most of those seniors that originally bought either passed away or are in nursing homes so there is a new generation populating the place. It is close to shopping and hwy so its not a bad place. I don't know of the schools though.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 PM

717 posts, read 2,807,735 times
I live a few miles from Williamsburg--in Hunter's Creek. The homes in Williamsburg are mostly smaller homes and still occupied by mostly elderly folks. If you are looking at Williamsburg, then something attracted you to that area. As you already know, Williamsburg is on the north side of Central Florida Parkway. On the south side of Central Florida Parkway, the homes are newer and for the most part bigger. Still occupied mainly by elderly. Because of its unique location, crime is not a really big issue here. It's bordered on one side by Sea World, another side by Beach Line Expressway, and some undeveloped land to the south and east. It's location is very convenient to the shopping in Dr.Phillips, Florida Mall, the Loop, and other areas. Obviously, you are right in the heart of the tourist corridor with Sea World being at your back door and Disney & Universal close by too. At certain times of the day and tourist seasons, Central Florida Parkway and International Drive can become a long slow commute--so that would be one of the drawbacks because those are the two main ways to get into Williamsburg--other than the exit off of the Beachline Expressway. If you like estate sales--you'll find lots of them out there.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:10 AM

157 posts, read 477,507 times
Try this link

HousingMaps

Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,210,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajourney View Post
I live a few miles from Williamsburg--in Hunter's Creek. The homes in Williamsburg are mostly smaller homes and still occupied by mostly elderly folks. If you are looking at Williamsburg, then something attracted you to that area. As you already know, Williamsburg is on the north side of Central Florida Parkway. On the south side of Central Florida Parkway, the homes are newer and for the most part bigger. Still occupied mainly by elderly. Because of its unique location, crime is not a really big issue here. It's bordered on one side by Sea World, another side by Beach Line Expressway, and some undeveloped land to the south and east. It's location is very convenient to the shopping in Dr.Phillips, Florida Mall, the Loop, and other areas. Obviously, you are right in the heart of the tourist corridor with Sea World being at your back door and Disney & Universal close by too. At certain times of the day and tourist seasons, Central Florida Parkway and International Drive can become a long slow commute--so that would be one of the drawbacks because those are the two main ways to get into Williamsburg--other than the exit off of the Beachline Expressway. If you like estate sales--you'll find lots of them out there.
Nice post. I would avoid Central Fl Parkway from about 4pm to 6 pm around JYP and Grande Lakes though, traffic can get backed up a long ways. Its a pretty nice area and real convenient to everything, especially I Drive which I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: