Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 AM

30 posts, read 121,347 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

I have a possible job offer in Viera, FL. My husband could re-locate in his job to Orlando. My question is can anyone suggest any towns or cities between Viera and Orlando for us to live in?

We live in Memphis, TN, and are used to commuting 30-45 minutes (sometimes an hour depending on rush hour traffic) to and from our jobs. Not really looking for "it depends on what you are interested in and what you like", because we are within driving distance already of beaches and theme parks, etc. All I am concerned with is safety. Memphis crime stats are pretty bad, so not looking for "the perfect community area" although it would be nice if I could find it!

I would appreciate any and all information and responses since I will have to make a decision on the job by this Wednesday. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Just live in Viera. It's a nice place, there is plenty of shopping, crime is low, and there are no cities between Orlando and Viera anyway! You are talking a minimum hour and a half commute though. There really is no in between.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 PM

40 posts, read 152,391 times
We just moved to Viera, FL and LOVE it! You couldn't pay me to live in Orlando with all that crime and traffic though! There is really nothing in between worth any consideration so my advise would be to just buy in Viera! It is worth the commute to Orlando as long as you are coming home to a peaceful, safe, friendly community. Check out Capron Ridge! We live in a JerJef home in this community and are very happy here. My husband commutes to Daytona most days and doesn't even mind because he like where we live so much.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,764 times
Could your husband work from home? You could live somewhere like Chuluota or Wedgefield and would be closer to Orlando, or you could live in Viera, but like some others have said, there is little between other than those.
The crime is exaggerated in Orlando, you can find a good safe spot. I did. You just have to check in with specific areas. Us locals know and can help out. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: