Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 AM

61 posts, read 109,006 times

Advertisements

I have seen and observed all types of rude behavior here in Orlando, I just come to expect it now, which I know, seems sad.

But yesterday, in my area where I live, a nice, middle to upper class area, I witnessed something that was just plain wrong.

A school-aged girl, not sure how old, was walking home from school and crossing the street. The light turned green at the intersection she was crossing. Well, one man, about 2 cars back to the front of the line started honking for the van in the front of the line to GO! There was a little girl crossing the freakin street! I thought perhaps he didnt see the girl crossing the street because he was 2nd in line not first, and perhaps he couldnt see the girl over the top of the van in front of him. Then after she made it across the street, the man started yelling at her! I couldnt believe it.

What if that was your daughter or younger sister and some ass**** is yelling at her like this? I really wanted to say something to the guy as he had his window down, but I decided not to because I have my wife and daughter in the car with me.

This is just one of the many reasons that Orlando is no longer for us. It's a shame, because Orlando used to be such a nice place. But it also goes to show, there is a lot of trash here, even in nicer areas.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 AM

259 posts, read 840,437 times
It feels like Orlando suddenly turned into South Florida overnight.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 AM

^^^ Pretty much the last 5 yrs I think, your right.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:23 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,343 times
How many experiences have you had like this? This is very shocking to me. I hear a lot of horn honking here, but I have never seen something quite like this. Can I also just ask the general area you live in?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 AM

910 posts, read 2,330,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
How many experiences have you had like this? This is very shocking to me. I hear a lot of horn honking here, but I have never seen something quite like this. Can I also just ask the general area you live in?
Yes, my wife and I experienced the same thing. This even happened in a school zone and these idiots don't even realize we are waiting for kids to cross the streets. What's it going to take, for one of them to run over these kids with their lifted pickup trucks with over-sized tires?

Just the other day, my wife witnessed a black pickup doing road-rage on a school bus full of kids. It kept trying to pass the school bus, pull in front of it, and jam it's brakes.

Folks, Orlando is just going to pot. It IS turning into North Miami or South New York. I'm glad we just closed on a house up north and looking forward to our migration back, just waiting for my kids to finish their schooling down here. We were showered with sincere courtesy up there, not the fake kind that the theme parks pay these people to do.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 AM

I have seen a couple things similar to this unfortunately. I live in the 32828 zipcode which is the Avalon Pk./Waterford Lks. Areas.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:05 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,219 times
What I can't get over is how wimpy the Orlando population has become. I have a very hard time believing that someone deliberately yelled at a young girl crossing the street.
I just wish you people would leave already. It's getting old hearing the same old song and dance every single day with the same exact topics. I only post to defend the city because some people wanting to move here need to hear rational thoughts on the place and not hyperbolic rants.

Please please please when you move back to your slice of heaven, do not come back to these boards and post the same old tirade on a daily basis! PLEASE!!?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM

"What's it going to take, for one of them to run over these kids with their lifted pickup trucks with over-sized tires?"

This was a pickup truck, but it was a lowered/modified looking one. Not a jacked up one. It is usually the SUV's and Honda sedans with NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox stickers, usually accompanied by some sort of foreign flag or stickers hanging from the rearview doing a lot of this. Rarely do I see it being done by a local with a jacked up truck and rebel flags on it, but I do realize impatience and rude behavior can be displayed by ane race or nationality. I am just telling you who I usually see doing this type of thing.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM

631 posts, read 2,451,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
I have seen and observed all types of rude behavior here in Orlando, I just come to expect it now, which I know, seems sad.

But yesterday, in my area where I live, a nice, middle to upper class area, I witnessed something that was just plain wrong.

A school-aged girl, not sure how old, was walking home from school and crossing the street. The light turned green at the intersection she was crossing. Well, one man, about 2 cars back to the front of the line started honking for the van in the front of the line to GO! There was a little girl crossing the freakin street! I thought perhaps he didnt see the girl crossing the street because he was 2nd in line not first, and perhaps he couldnt see the girl over the top of the van in front of him. Then after she made it across the street, the man started yelling at her! I couldnt believe it.

What if that was your daughter or younger sister and some ass**** is yelling at her like this? I really wanted to say something to the guy as he had his window down, but I decided not to because I have my wife and daughter in the car with me.

This is just one of the many reasons that Orlando is no longer for us. It's a shame, because Orlando used to be such a nice place. But it also goes to show, there is a lot of trash here, even in nicer areas.

I would discipline my child for crossing a busy street when she didn't have the correct light signal to do so - she could have been hit. I certainly wouldnt have pampered her and give her the impression what she did was ok - no matter what the circumstances. But then again, that would be responsible and I wouldnt be able to sue someone else if she were hit.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,343 times
I did not want to assume, but I could kind of tell you were talking about the east side by what you described and the fact that it was a middle class to upper middle neighborhood. I work by UCF and drive through the Cypress Springs and Vista Lakes areas to get from Conway to UCF. I feel like more than a lot of other parts of town there are a lot of transplanted people from some rude places tend to move to the eastside and why on a lot of my posts, I tend to recommend Oviedo and Winter Springs over Waterford/Avalon. I live in an older, more established part of town (Conway) and at least so far, I do not notice these same types of problems where I am. I can tell the difference in the crowd if I go to a movie at the Waterford Theater as opposed to Fashion Square or Winter Park where I normally go. That was terrible though, talk about putting out bad karma. I hope he does not have kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando