Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 AM

113 posts, read 309,666 times

Advertisements

I want to move where they they have good schools, not alot of crime, drugs or alot of bars. I do not want to move to a small town. I am used to living in a bigger city. I want to move where the people care about you. I want to move where i can rent a 2 bedroom house for 650.00 a month. I do not need to work so i do not care about jobs. I may want to work part-time someday.

Last edited by sunshine18102; 01-25-2009 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: spell check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 09:54 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Most of the larger cities in Florida have all the things you are looking to avoid.
You should look into a suburb or exurb or a medium sized city like Palm Coast, Sarasota, or Tallahassee. Also, to be away from crime and drugs, you are not very realistic with the amount you want to spend on rent for an apartment, let alone a home. You should look at SW Florida and look at crime statistics for the state. I hate to be so blunt, but I think others will agree that you are asking for a lot and Florida may be the wrong fit with these concerns and preferences.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:14 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
My recommendation is Cape Coral, if you can find a job there. Lot's of homes that sold between $300-$400K are now selling for less than $200K. For example, my cousin is looking into a 2400 sq ft home with a screened in pool, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, for around $158K. Last I've been down to Cape Coral, it was growing, but still not the bustle of central Florida. I would stay away from Orlando, unless you want to buy my house

Old 01-25-2009, 05:15 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Jacksonville, it has a small town feel but you will still have the big city amenities.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM

986 posts, read 3,550,430 times
Once again Wilshire has hit the nail on the head. Im sure you will be able to find the various things you are looking for in a neighbourhood, but you really need to reassess your budget. If you want all those things you r going to have to pay alot more than that. You would struggle to find a home in a less than desireable area for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
Most of the larger cities in Florida have all the things you are looking to avoid.
You should look into a suburb or exurb or a medium sized city like Palm Coast, Sarasota, or Tallahassee. Also, to be away from crime and drugs, you are not very realistic with the amount you want to spend on rent for an apartment, let alone a home. You should look at SW Florida and look at crime statistics for the state. I hate to be so blunt, but I think others will agree that you are asking for a lot and Florida may be the wrong fit with these concerns and preferences.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,832 times
2 bedroom house for $650/month in a nice area with good schools...you crazy?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Not in Florida. Those prices may be more appropriate outside of the city, but to be in Orlando and the suburbs you have to pay for the convenience and proximity to your job and other urban amenities. Smaller cities and towns, or bad areas of larger cities you will find those prices are more common. I do not know where that amount would get you a house. I am pretty much thinking of apartments in that price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando