Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM

626 posts, read 970,395 times

Advertisements

Besides making mortgages very hard to get now and all the foreclosure people out there, needing to rent, I think a long term rental would be very successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 AM

12 posts, read 21,667 times
I agree. So people who have cash and/or with good credit, should borrow and buy. It is an environment rich get richer. Eventaully, job will be back with inflation.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 6,623 times
Some segment of the market will recover sooner than others. I think the investor owned properties during the boom, the ones where the owners were the first to walk away will recover first. I think most of those properties are already flushed out of the system.

When people talk about shadow inventory, it is often those who are previously or currently home owner occupied, where the owners were/are fighting to stay as long as they could in the house rent/mortgage free. So this segment of the market will probably take the longest to recover, as short sales are foreclosed properties will probably have to get flush out of the system before we see any realistic gains. However, I can see that "when" the market fully recovers, and unemployment figures goes down, this is the segment that will probably bounce back the hardest.

Like what the previous poster said, probably right now is an environment where the rich will get richer, assuming they are willing to take risk. Though, there are probably a lot of people sitting with cash on the sideline waiting for the market to drop further.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 AM

25 posts, read 39,346 times
Personally, I wouldn't invest in short term rentals. I've helped one of my clients obtain several long term rentals and he is doing quite well with them. I have tried to get him to list them and resell them, but he insists on keeping the cash flow.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 AM

10,263 posts, read 12,460,070 times
I think that Miami is better

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,810,962 times
Both short term and long term can do very well. but few people working short term make the right decisions. For the general rule, long term is a better bet. I have many properties I've bought for clients and quite a few I manage that they do well with.

It is much better when a buyer is working with cash. they should make the best choices for areas vs budget and work other aspects to benefit fully.

Unless you really know what you are doing with short term, stick to long term. I have a limited few clients that do great with Short term., Most do great with long term. (8-15% return)

Hope that helps.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 PM

70 posts, read 257,813 times
Slightly off topic but I just did a search on a different topic and stumbled upon a post from 2007 where a poster stated something along the lines of "now is the time to buy as prices in the Orlando area have hit rock bottom." Had prices even really started to decline at all at that point? Anyway, sorry to go off topic I just thought it was "funny" and I know a lot of real estate people posted on this thread.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,825,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyleo View Post
Slightly off topic but I just did a search on a different topic and stumbled upon a post from 2007 where a poster stated something along the lines of "now is the time to buy as prices in the Orlando area have hit rock bottom." Had prices even really started to decline at all at that point? Anyway, sorry to go off topic I just thought it was "funny" and I know a lot of real estate people posted on this thread.
They had begun to decline but hadn't hit rock bottom by any means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando