Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 AM

1 posts, read 867 times

Advertisements

can any one tells me about saint cloud in florida woul love to move to the area to learn a little about it will be nice thank u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 PM

53 posts, read 108,414 times
Let me explain Kissimmmeeeeee to you. It is a HUGE area.

First: Celebration is a Disney built area, that has many compliances with it. It is in Kissimmee. You are in an area, that is like fenced off from life. It is like a stepford community, but built in tourist zone. Now for 15 years, I owned a 1915 constructed home in Cleveland OH, in Lakewood suburb. Not a tremendously modern home. They rebuilt these home styles and made them worth 1/2 million or little under. THAT is Celebration. You are paying for a home worth 120,000 in Celebration for 1.2 or more.

And on a normal friday night, we went a couple of times, their little downtown was dead. No people out. Food prices outrageous and more. I told my husband I couldn't take it, and we left to go to Mikey's NY pizza which was packed, but a hole in the wall in Kissimee having a great time!

Now, I'm driving you mentally from Celebration to the South through Kissimmee. Head left, and you get into dead zone I call it.

So, you leave Celebration, taking a right turn and head South on 192. OK...now you are trying to get out of the tourish crap. About 3 miles down, the city takes a turn to poorville.

Here is your homeless and plazas empty. Not a great area. Homeless go there, because police have no action against them. Second, with homeless societies tried to buid a homeless place, the city refused. (now get that...the police can't run them off, but no shelters for them - that's Kissimmmmmmme!). Therefore, many live behind shops and more. As much as you see them, they really don't bother you, and want to be left alone. Shoot, behind one of our restuarnts my own kids knew 3 of them who lived there. They just come up for some ice drunk...do you have work, and more. You just have to be cautious. I woudn't live in this area either.

Then you pass that and head deeper into kissimmee on 192 towards St. Cloud. Things start opening up more. Normal houses. Normal people. Mixed people. Above average schools and stuff. Problem is, no jobs. So, you have to commute. Great place to live. My family lives just like up North. But takes 30 minutes to work. EVEN IF I worked at Disney...take that long if not more.

As for calling it redneck....well, they are very nice people. And WE are Arabic! They are a bit reserved at first, but once they know you, they like you. These rednecks like golf, fishing, bbqing and the good ole fashion football game. And I enjoy all of that. If you don't then there is something wrong with you, not the place for you. All kids are into something. Mine are diving squad, and they can hit the high dives! And if you ask them, then they do try to help. When I first moved here, I met a neighbor, and we were talking....I was like, you watch my kids, and I'll watch yours. And we bloomed from there.

I believe the South of Kissimmee is a good spot. You'd never find me in Metro West. Winter Park or any other place. I attend games and you'll see cowboy hats and more. They are good people. They just want to keep their neighborhood clean, and I think that is why they get a bad wrap. And, I'm the same.

FROM WHAT i've learned...best places to live in Orlando, is where they say Rednecks live. As ironic as that is...I'll go with it anytime.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:39 PM

53 posts, read 108,414 times
Now, St. Cloud. It is a small town, that has it's delapitated buildings. Very small. But great little village for kids. And I love it. Instead of downtown Orlando, we go to downtown St. Cloud.

It takes people to rebuild things. St. Cloud took a huge hit in the recession. But you have good people fighting their way back.

I love St. Cloud. And if you want more answers to it, I'm off of work, I can take pictures for you. In fact, tomorrow, the kids and I are celebrating St. Patties. I want to head to downtown St. Cloud. We love the little shops. I snap some and try to post them.

St. Cloud is a huge family small town. And that is just exactly what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando