Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 09:40 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times

Advertisements

Well if you didn't make it out to Universal last night you missed a great show. Pat Benatar still has it and rocked me and my closest 30,000 friends. Next Sat is bare Naked Ladies.. I'll be there. Its a blast. Come have some fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 04:57 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Well if you didn't make it out to Universal last night you missed a great show. Pat Benatar still has it and rocked me and my closest 30,000 friends. Next Sat is bare Naked Ladies.. I'll be there. Its a blast. Come have some fun.
Yeah...I saw her perform "All Fired Up" and "Shadows of the Night" before leaving. I had a great view of the parade but didn't get to the concert area in time to get a decent spot. By the time I made it over, there was nothing but wall to wall people.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,512 times
Was it so packed that you basically couldn't move.I was at Universal for Mardi Gras last saturday with Ne-Yo in concert and after seeing the parade we moved towards the stage and the closest we could get was the Monsters Cafe as the street was mobbed,sardine style.After standing by the Monsters Cafe for like 10-15 minutes we went back into the park to get out of the park by the street by Terminator.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 PM

Yea it was crowded. I skipped the parade so I could get up close. At 7 it was pretty easy to get 30 feet from the stage. It did get really packed and then the people from the parade just had no where to go. the area can't handle all the crowd but it is still fun. I'll be back next Saturday. See you there.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Was it so packed that you basically couldn't move.I was at Universal for Mardi Gras last saturday with Ne-Yo in concert and after seeing the parade we moved towards the stage and the closest we could get was the Monsters Cafe as the street was mobbed,sardine style.After standing by the Monsters Cafe for like 10-15 minutes we went back into the park to get out of the park by the street by Terminator.
Me too...this weekend I will concentrate on the concert since I took plenty of pictures of the parade. Hopefully I can get a better spot this time.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,275 times
Hey I'm going the weekend Kelly Clarkson is there. How is the stage set up and where do the put all the people? Is it standing room only? Or is there a place to sit? What time can you get into the stage area to get a good seat?

We would have like to see Pat Benetar this time around. She is awesome still. We saw her at the House of Blues a few years ago and once in Atlantic City about 5 years ago. Always spectacular! My husband and I actually had the pleasure meeting her and her husband at a trade show we were working a few years ago. They were the celebrities in one of the booths, taking pictures with people. I still have my poloraid picture. Very nice people!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:19 AM

PB is apparently starting a tour so she can be seen elsewhere.
As to the stage it is in the open area across from Monsters cafe in studios. there is astroturf there in some areas and it is much kinder to your legs as it is standing only. you will see people sprawl out . I just step in as they are dreaming if they think they are going to occupy that much room. If you show an hour early you can easily get close. Pat was the busiest I've seen this year but I was still close. I got there about 7:20. I expect Kelly Clarkson will be very crowded. seems many are going to Hammer too... should be a fun flash back...lol

Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
Yeah I'm rolling down to see Hammer myself! Wanna see if he's still wearing those balloon pants!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Yeah I'm rolling down to see Hammer myself! Wanna see if he's still wearing those balloon pants!
I think that's going to be a fun show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando