Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 08:19 AM

5 posts, read 27,616 times

Advertisements

For Wag employees...KPI's are pinnacle. Based upon relative available information- (not from Wag directly) you must be the best of the best. This applies to Techs & RPh's. Lines will be drawn. If you are below the line, you will be eliminated. See posts for the Orlando Fl Walgreen Power. Many questions, much uncertainty. Rumors are abundant. Supervisors are silent. Change is eminent. Some stores are already being reconfigured with respect to placement of RX PC terminals- sans explanation. Roll out has been slated for this fall, then next spring, then on hold, to who knows when. Kindly post if you are aware of the arrival time for POWER in this DFW market.

For those of you who may have gone through POWER and the workforce reduction- a couple questions???

1. How do they (Wag) handle any employee stock purchases ie: loan balances for current
purchases?

2. Same question regarding Share Walgreens? Does the employee surrender options, as a result of employment ending?

Golden handcuffs, no longer golden- they now seem more of a noose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM

44 posts, read 190,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by former walgreens tech View Post
ohh yeah forgot my store is doing 525+ daily and 325+ on sat and sundays and they cut us back too 80 hrs rph daily 40 for overnites and 80 tech hours a week?? today they let 2 techs go at my store and 5 down the street plus 2 rph's ...crazy jus doesnt seem real?? I have been with these guys for 3+ yrs and left PUBLIX too come here...
Its sad. My wife had 5+ years, I was going on 10. Last week all of our old techs called us asking us for jobs. They let go the good people making the higher wages. The Tampa market did suck with Walgreens though, way dif than the last 2 we were in. I am glad that my wife and I are young and still towards the early stage of our career to be able to walk out before all this crap went down. We were even hired in as managers for one of themost difficult companies to be an RXM in since our bonuses are huge. Anyways I wish you the best. There are pharmacies all over. Look at it positively bc you wouldnt want to work in that environment, it was extremely unhealthy.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:13 AM

6 posts, read 36,724 times
waghag, I work in the dfw area and have heard that the power program has been called off, but have also heard that it will just pick up later this year. Someone I know who is really close to a supervisor has said they that person is not saying much about POWER?!? So if you hear anything else, let us know

Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 PM

7 posts, read 38,929 times
If you accept the voluntary severance package do you still get unemployment benefits? I thought the only way you got unemployment was if you got fired, not if you voluntarly quit. Do you get a 2 week notice if you get fired?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:19 PM

16 posts, read 98,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdimarco View Post
Its sad. My wife had 5+ years, I was going on 10. Last week all of our old techs called us asking us for jobs. They let go the good people making the higher wages. The Tampa market did suck with Walgreens though, way dif than the last 2 we were in. I am glad that my wife and I are young and still towards the early stage of our career to be able to walk out before all this crap went down. We were even hired in as managers for one of themost difficult companies to be an RXM in since our bonuses are huge. Anyways I wish you the best. There are pharmacies all over. Look at it positively bc you wouldnt want to work in that environment, it was extremely unhealthy.
YEA I kept my unemployment now and got 3 weeks for my three yrs of service, and only reason why I am deciding too go with this now is ....Lately after cuts it is too much in the pharmacy,a manager is stuck in there all day long,because we got ppl who want there scripts not now but right now!! I mean we get like 40-70 cii's daily and things like this take alil more time but they dont understand...and with 2 techs cut and one other taking voluntary she had 20 yrs in so she was smart and already got job at mom and pop pharmacy over in lil cubA...so they offer me this "FLOATING TECH" POSTION with range of up to 40 miles in town with no raise and no gas??? BS I took the voluntary and still getting unemployment, so with this money and selling of some of my publix supermarket stocks early this month I am gonna take it easy for a while and relax...I dont wanna end up on xanax and other anti-drepressants like so many ppl I see on a daily basis...My manager called me friday and said he got 4-5 emails and many phone calls of customers asking for me,and he said if I would like too come up front, even tho it means a pay-cut, he can get it done and I dont even have too pay serverance back because of pay cut..lol well rest of u stuck in between wondering what too do I just advise now too plan ahead and always have a backdoor or escape route if they try u with this!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpharmd View Post
If you accept the voluntary severance package do you still get unemployment benefits? I thought the only way you got unemployment was if you got fired, not if you voluntarly quit. Do you get a 2 week notice if you get fired?
U STILL GET UNEMPLOYMENT,even tho u took package, you are layed-off so you are eligible....and now with OSAMA'S new bonus u get an extra 25$ a week...and can extend it for up too two yrs..now I see why some many ppl leach off da system!!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 PM

Default answers to ur questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waghag View Post
For Wag employees...KPI's are pinnacle. Based upon relative available information- (not from Wag directly) you must be the best of the best. This applies to Techs & RPh's. Lines will be drawn. If you are below the line, you will be eliminated. See posts for the Orlando Fl Walgreen Power. Many questions, much uncertainty. Rumors are abundant. Supervisors are silent. Change is eminent. Some stores are already being reconfigured with respect to placement of RX PC terminals- sans explanation. Roll out has been slated for this fall, then next spring, then on hold, to who knows when. Kindly post if you are aware of the arrival time for POWER in this DFW market.

For those of you who may have gone through POWER and the workforce reduction- a couple questions???

1. How do they (Wag) handle any employee stock purchases ie: loan balances for current
purchases?

2. Same question regarding Share Walgreens? Does the employee surrender options, as a result of employment ending?

Golden handcuffs, no longer golden- they now seem more of a noose.
1. they still took out of my last check for stock loan but under wag profit sharing online, it says- 30 terminated awaiting payment as of today?? 2. so regarding #2 I am not 100% sure at this point, get back to me in a couple weeks..

Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrph View Post
Are you eligible for the voluntary severance if you work 32-36 hrs per week? How are you approached for the offer?
they will give u 30 days from the first power meeting too except and yes u too are eligble! Buddy of mine Mike rph 22 yrs took and he was pt floater..they will give u big pakage in first POWER meeting and explain alil of what is gonna happen..but even if u take the package they so=called have too approve it and u still remain working for A few months ...well at least ppl at my store did...

Old 09-14-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrph View Post
Thanks again for the info guys, because as per the new Walgreens practice, we are being told nothing. I have heard that at least one district has told its asst store managers to begin finding other jobs, and some SIMS store people were offered $1 more per hour to take on some asst manager duties or $1 less per hour not to accept. In the meantime. we RPhs are enjoying the short notice (less than 2 weeks) to rearrange our schedules to accomodate the flu vaccines that Mr. Wasson promised the public without telling us. November is Diabetes Awareness Month..what else does Walgreens have planned for us that they will not tell us about until the last minute? (The slowest pharmacies have now had their hours reduced to 9am-9pm. We also have a new computer update that held rxs must be reviewed before they can be held, probably to make it easier for the central fill people. Yet, Walgreens still says POWER is not an issue in Illinois yet.) Our union, the National Pharmacists Assn, which has about 400-600 Rph members, said that Walgreens would not discuss POWER with them, and refused to make it an issue in any of the negotiotions. The union, by the way, had no prior knowledge of this vaccination stuff, either.
wow great stuff tho, but good luck too you guys I still love and miss all my patients, who I know by name and they see me around town and ask me things about there scripts its funny..I left a family there and everytime I go back in that store I see my family cry and suffer its hard!! Love those guys there but Corporate monstas slowly killing this ....

Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM

5 posts, read 27,616 times
Where do I sign? I'll hang in until the power meeting, and answer the WAG call to exit. Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando