Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,821 times

Advertisements

We will be moving from So. Cal to Orlando area in July. My husband will be working off of 36th street in Orlando. Exit is John Young Pkwy. I was out there last week checking out areas. We really liked Clermont as well as Longwood areas. I was told by several people that the commute from Longwood to John Young would be horrendous. Eventhough it is only approx 15 miles. I fell in love with the Clermont area. I like the country feel and rolling hills. Where we currently live we have views of the mountains, and Clermont gave me that same feeling. How is the commute from Clermont to John Young pkwy? I know the distance is double that of Longwood, but time wise what would ithe commute be? My husband currently travels about 23 miles to work, against traffic, so a 30 minute commute is not out of the question for hum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 PM

17 posts, read 45,468 times
The problem is that the times always differ.I lived in Clermont and drove to Orange Blossom Trail everyday which is one past John Young. One day it would take me 35 minutes and the next day it would take me an hour! One car accident or rain shower and thats all it takes. With that being said I loved Clermont so much I did not mind the commute, because when I got to Clermont with the rolling hills and the smell of orange blossoms the ride didnt matter so much.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 4,821 times
Thank you. I'll consider your information. When people talk of commute times I really don't think it is bad considering I currently live in So. cal. It doesn't matter what time of day you will incounter traffic here nomatter where you are going. I'm glad you told me about the orange blossoms. I have 2 navel orange trees in my yard and it is a very relaxing fragrance.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM

479 posts, read 1,455,860 times
The best way from Clermont to Orlando is on the Florida Turnpike (toll road). But depending on where you are in Clermont, it can take longer to get TO the turnpike than the trip from there into Orlando. They're starting the hwy. 50 widening process, but it will take some time to complete.

But from Longwood, you have I-4 or 17-92. It can get slow from Clermont to Orlando, but not as bad as the parking lot from Longwood.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM

42 posts, read 104,432 times
I wouldn't rule out Longwood if your hubby is accustomed to gridlock. It is very nice and home values haven't been affected as harshly as in Clermont. You can get a lot of bang for your buck in Clermont now though. I think you'll be ok whichever city you decide on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: