Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 11,595 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! My fiance will be attending the motorcycle mechanics institue in orland in may and we are currently trying to find a nice apartment community that fits us. We did take a weekend trip to orlando from san antonio tx. Thats where we are relocating from. We have 2 young boys, 3 and 1 and want to be in a safe apartment. While we were down in orlando we only had one day to apartment hunt! I wasn't really pleased with the apartments I saw in the milenia west area. We ran out of time to look into hunters creek area. Can anyone please help us!!!! We are desperate and running out of time and after reading a few threads Im more confused than ever about the area we saw. Most of the comments said it was a high crime area! I will be a stay at home mom during our stay in florida and I want to be comforable as well as safe. please please please help a very stressed mom!!!

thank you thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 11,449 times
I am with you on at! My husband and I, and our 10 month old daughter are moving down to Orlando area in Oct. His class starts Nov 2nd. He is attending MMI. I have been looking EVERYWHERE on line trying to find a good, family oriented place for our family. Have you from any luck yet? If so please email me at luv_me713@yahoo.com I need help just as you! Good luck!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:16 AM

88 posts, read 312,217 times
Based on the location, the closest community that I would recommend would be Hunter's Creek. I am sure there are plenty of apartments/condos/townhomes/houses for rent in that neighborhood.

A backup plan would be to look along International Drive and see what is available there.

I would not recommend the Millenia area.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:21 AM

19 posts, read 64,998 times
thats a good place(Hunters Creek) and millenia while nice has some surrounding bad neighborhoods, not the best for kids and women home alone. Hunters Creek is more of a neighborhood feel with being mostly subdivsions, and the schools I hear are pretty good.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 16,097 times
If you are willing to make 250.00 a week then go to mmi the school is full of it they say you will get a good paying job turning wrenches, my brother in law gradeuated with the highest grades in his classes got out they didnt even help him find a job. He is working making 250.00 a week. Harley here at home offered him a job washing bikes for 6.25 hr. So you ask me mmi is a freaking joke.............

Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM

7 posts, read 24,701 times
My son will be attending UTI in August... I am also looking at apts. and am very confused! I think, from what I've read that the Hunter's Creek area is the best, but I don't know which apt.
Any help would be great!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 8,744 times
I have a room for rent in a 3/2 house off Wetherbee & Orange Blossom Trail. It's about 5-10 minutes from MMI depending on traffic. It's near Hunter's Creek, 528, I4 and the 417. I need someone June 1st. It's $500 a month plus utilities. I have a garage and a 3rd bedroom if needed for storage. It's a great area, quiet neighborhood and cheaper then apartments in Hunter's Creek! I am a 32 year old female. Smoking outside is ok. I have a dog and a cat, and would love a roommate from MMI. I have lived with 2 MMI graduates previously!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:00 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,336,752 times
You may want to look into the Williamsburg area near Sea World.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM

7 posts, read 21,808 times
My husand is starting at mmi in june.. im super stressed to findin a place that is safe.. we have a 2mo old daughter.. if yall do find anyti let me know as well please.. =]

Old 05-19-2011, 04:57 AM

3 posts, read 12,650 times
I happen to be in the same boat as the people of this post. Moving down there soon with 2 others and one who is going to MMI, and it is very difficult to find places on the internet in the area of the school because it's all developments with huge parent corporations backing them. Which have big marketing firms that flood advertising on the web and or what you see in the ad or tour (in places near Millenia or West of I-4 even some of the shady places right near Disney that are low income) you are shown the best and only renovented or pristine apartment and if you are looking at those areas from what I've gathered if you value your possessions or peace of mind anything w/o some sort of security is COMPLETELY out the question. Especially if you have kids, which me and my roomates don't but were immediately turned off by places near Millenia after taking tours of places like Park Central then reading reviews and opinions online. From what i've found places just north of Hunter's Creek and Kissimme and just east of Williamsburg are your best bet if you can afford it and you're renting like we are. The money you might have to spend on renting there you will save in not having to commute more than 5-10 minutes and avoid highway/toll roads. I don't know about employment in that specific area myself maybe locals or others can PLEASE COMMENT on that.

I'll be coming there from upstate NY. I hesitate to even mention it on the forum where we are going to rent because it's not on most places like rent.com or apartmentratings.com yet because it is relatively new and very nice however slightly expensive(expecting rent to be around $1000/month for 2b 2bath just under 1000 sq ft. literally right next to MMI, haven't signed lease yet). We had a local realator recommend it after playing and little hardball and offering to take him out to a nice dinner if he found us a solid place near our price range. I'm glad it's not on domains like those sites though because it wont become overrun/polluted by obnoxious college students or bad residents. If you email me or message me through this forum I will be more than willing to talk to you freely about it. Hope this helped some people struggling deciding weed out some areas or realizing where they might have signed there lease they should back out off. Good Luck!

One last thing I have a question about. Any funky expenses I should be aware or taxes beyond housing that Orlando newcomers might fall into??

Last edited by Helpthyneighboor; 05-19-2011 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: Wanted to add some details and more details about me to help get answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando