Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2007, 11:21 AM

5 posts, read 39,024 times

Advertisements

im moving down from detroit(which all you people who talk about the crime in orlando being bad, have no idea what crime is till u live in detroit for 20 years....im sorry i've just been reading all these post about the crime in orlando being bad and it makes me sick...LA, Chicago, detroit, miami, STL, cleveland...those are citites with bad crime not orlando...Orlando doesnt even compare...i think everyone just doesnt expect crime to happen in orlando and when it does, it gets way over proportion...and news flash....CRIME IS EVERYWHERE)...anyways im a young college student lookin for a fun, entertainable area to move too...I lived in orlando before in lake buena vista....great place lots of bars, clubs, restuarants, shopping, and people...im looking for an area much similar to that because i really dont want to move back to lake buena vista since it is a tourist area....im basically lookin for a place where i can get on the scene...i want to meet alot of new people and have a good time.....any one have any suggestions?? i would greatly appreciate it....thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 01:06 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,116 times
To "get on the scene", try Downtown Orlando, if you can afford it. If not try Northern Orlando like Winter Park, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Longwood and Lake Mary....great places with a lot of young professionals. Good Luck.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:33 PM

11 posts, read 47,701 times
Don't forget College Park too which is kinda like a small Royal Oak, if you know that area around Detroit. Where in Detroit are you moving from? I'm also moving down the "D", 3 weeks in fact and I've also lived in Orlando before and had a great time. I'm with you on the crime in Orlando, it simply isn't as bad as people portray it as, every large city has it's bad and good areas and 90% of metropolitan areas have high crime-it's the nature of the beast. It's risen sure, because a ridiculous amount people move there every year. More people=more crime=more stats.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:34 PM

11 posts, read 47,701 times
forgot one more location that's trendy now downtown O-town is Thorton Park. But I hear it's pretty pricey too. Your best bet is probably North Orlando and Winter Park/College Park-nice area but still close enough to the city.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:22 PM

3 posts, read 14,425 times
Default Are You Going To Work?

Don't For Get About Oviedo, I Lived There 6yrs And Loved It. Great Night Life, Low Crime Rate, And Close To Almost Any Work Field. What Do You Do For Work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando