Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:55 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,879,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridasunshine View Post
my sister works at Disney call center in Tampa, 20 hr per week as part time job, no vacation no benefits, 8.00 hr. ( she does get free disney parks owned by disney admission for 4 people including herself 12 times a year )
but no sick times, vacation, insurance, just sick low pay. Dont understand why these people keep working for nothing. but plenty of partimers there who have husbands with good jobs.
I worked for Delta Airlines in Tampa for less than $9 an hour. Part time positions were REALLY hard to get because so many people had been there for 10+ years and wanted them. It all went on seniority and with a company like Delta where you get flight benefits, people just don't like to leave. But, they still should pay more. A person can't pay bills with flight benefits, which by the way aren't completely free anymore. They have implemented a yearly fee for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM

8 posts, read 11,596 times
Default I survived the college program ..

So I did the Disney college program Jan 07 to June 07. A lot of the people who actually do this program are hospitality major students. Yes when you work for Disney you might be Mickeys Bit*h as we use to call it .But the one thing that you gain from the experience if nothing else is putting Disney World on your resume. Lets face it Disney is a a big name . I was a housekeeper and i hated everyday of work I would cry at times I was getting paid 6.75 an hour to clean a total amount of 17 rooms a day which honestly sucked. I lived in Vista way aka Vista lay where you might get pregnant in the pool jk.. They take the rent out of check every week so your broke if you have no savings or of mommy and daddy aren't sending you money. But other wise its an experience you meet people from all over the country and you party wayyyy to much. It was worth it... While I was there , not rapes took place and no fights .. The rules are very strict and if you get caught breaking them you are fired or as Disney Likes to call it "terminated".. People love to complain about the college program mostly about work but a good 90% of the people who did had a blast while not on the clock.. i can say I will never forget my experience in Building 15 where all the hippies lived ....

Old 01-10-2009, 04:45 PM

7 posts, read 16,615 times
So....are they hiring now?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 AM

541 posts, read 1,988,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlr007 View Post
So....are they hiring now?
Casting is actually closed right now- so no they are not hiring! They are hiring for jobs in NY, CT, CA though like ESPN, ABC etc.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,825,468 times
They are still hiring professional (salaried) and some administrative (hourly role) positions at Disney World. They are also hiring for certain difficult to fill roles, such as overnight custodial.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:01 PM

31 posts, read 104,682 times
I work as a server at disney i make excellent money! the xmas package and all the extras you get thruout the year are wonderful. The people I work with and for are the nicest I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,635,393 times
I thought it was so wonderfull when I did move to Tampa ten years ago. Then a disney job full time way to go! or part-time 20 plus hrs for 7.50. Then did read the book and the dress code for taking, and selling ups with the
calls, the hours, I did quit b4 I did start, and did go to Publix with there shirt, etc same pay.
Then went to work for Bell South with full benefits from day 1. 8.00 per hr and dress up, and the magic quota to sell did not equate! Bell south gave a shirt, and etc., 12.50 plus bonus and commision. Sorry Mickey! See dogs need to eat, and, they do want a home!

Last edited by maggiekate; 01-11-2009 at 06:38 PM..

Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,667,602 times
I am disappointed to hear that Disney does not pay their employees well. I did not know that. I do want to say that I just got back from spending three days there and every single employee I encountered from the resort to the parks and everything in between were incredible. You all do a great job and if anyone was unhappy I sure didn't notice it. Thanks to all Disney employees for such great service and contributing to a fantastic weekend. I needed it and I seriously wish that I had the power to give all of you a huge raise. Every other major corporation could learn a lot from you guys in providing outstanding customer service. Kudos to you all!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,740,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I am disappointed to hear that Disney does not pay their employees well. I did not know that.
Let's put it this way...a friend of mine has worked for Disney for eight years (not in the parks) and makes less than I do at my job of 3.5 years. We aren't talking a huge difference in positions and he has several degrees and I don't. Go figure.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:50 PM

9 posts, read 132,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneMK View Post
Iam a full time Disney cast member,and I have never had any problems with anyone.Granted the pay isn't the greatest,but the perks are great.I can get in free and can go park hopping for free....plus I can get three persons in free on my main gate pass.I am sorry that there are others who have lots of things to complain about,but I like Disney.I have heard a lot of horrible things too,but I have not encountered any horrible things just yet.

OBVIOUSLY ...you are just a worker that is probably paid to write postive stuff about disney ..YOU are drinking the disney koolaid if you have not heard ANY CAST MEMBER complain ..about pay hours of work or friends that were unceremoniously terminated!!! ....DISNEY terminates young impressionable college kids DAILY...its accusation...suspension...terminated....locks changed and your out in LESS THAN 12 hours....regardless if you have a dime or NOT in your pocket...and considering how much of pay is left over AFTER YOU get your paycheck....from the "DISNEY deductions for rent etc..." you cant even afford a phone call to your parents to come get you!
BASED on the amount of terminations from disney in any random month....I WOULD say its more to do with economy vs. actual "deeds"...and yet DISNEY is willing to TARNISH a college work record because they can HEY...THEY ARE DISNEY...they dont have to answer to anyone...NOT EVEN THE FLORIDA LABOR board!!....ITS amazing that they have gotten away with it ALL THESE YEARS...NOONE seems to think its worth their time or money or EFFORT to contact 48hrs or 20/20 just yet but BOY IF THEY DID....it would BURN the ears right off ole MICKEY MOUSE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando