Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:07 PM

124 posts, read 305,589 times

Advertisements

Hi All

We are wanting to consider Bellalago for a home purchase but are concerned regarding restrictions about building a fence for our dogs or planting fruit trees, etc. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of HOA restrictions/laws or the community covenants?

Thanks!
p.s. Could you also tell me what is included in the HOA fees as they seem to be higher than most we have seen. Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,486 times
The Osceola County Clerk of Courts, (osceolaclerk.com) Recording Division, Land Records/Research, Search for the subdivision and you should find the records. You can print from this site for free. Or go to the Clerks Office and request a copy. They will have a page fee for the printout.

The HOA docs will clearly state what is included in the HOA fees. Remember in Bellalago, there is a master association and a neighborhood association.

If you are buying a home, you can ask for a copy of the docs prior to closing and make your contract contingent on receiving and reviewing the docs.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 PM

124 posts, read 305,589 times
Thanks for the response! Does this mean there are two sets of HOA fees that you pay? I have seem some ads that list HOA of $260. Does this sound about right for the monthly dues there? I tried to go on the Osceola clerks site to see if I could get answers but it is so cumbersome. I was hoping someone had a PDF file (or the like) they cold email me with the basic restrictions, what the HOA fees are and what they cover? Thanks all!

Margaret

Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM

482 posts, read 2,417,695 times
I don't know about Bellago but I lived in Remington and we had an annual HOA Charge like you mentioned and we had a Community Development District Assessment of just over $1,000 a year that was on my tax bill. It covered all the common area maintenance, community pool, etc.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:36 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,135 times
$267/mo was the last thing I was told where the HOA dues for Bellalago. You can stop by the builders office and get a copy of what the HOA includes. I beleive they cover community landscaping, the guarded gate and maintenance of the streets. The many pools, slides, courts, fields, fitness center, docks, and all the other community amenities offered. They are higher than any HOA I've seen for a single family home, but then again you are also getting ALOT of amenities.

Your agent should be able to get you a copy of the HOA covenants and find out if the community is in a CDD.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 13,028 times
Hello, I live Isles Of Bellalago I need to know if there is anyone I can talk to about my grass, I think I have the Bahia grass my next door neighbor had the same problem with his grass and now his grass is green he told me that someone can help me, he is not being charge.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
covenants hmm almost sounds like witch writings or spells -- which some times HOA's are-- if you want freedom- don't buy there- just having dogs might be an issue

Old 05-26-2016, 10:35 AM

536 posts, read 852,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
- if you want freedom- don't buy there- just having dogs might be an issue
Please, stop with the ridiculous statements. As a resident of Bellalago, I'm enjoying the most freedom I've ever experienced in my 66 years.

And plenty of Bellalago residents have dogs. But they have to stay inside at night, & they're not allowed to run free & crap on neighbors' lawns.

Bellalago HOA fees are now $265 per month, with 2 accounts: $125 to Avatar & $140 to Bellalago Club.

We have 24 hour manned, gated security. The entire community has meticulously manicured landscape to the common areas, throughout.

Exterior landscape irrigation for all homes is included in the HOA fees, plus basic Brighthouse cable tv service to every home.

The giant community pools & spas are heated year round, & serviced daily. The 2 gyms are first rate, there's organized classes w instructors & trainers for dancing, yoga, zumba, aerobics almost every day of the week, all included in the HOA fees. There's tennis & basketball courts & soccer fields & fishing tournaments & all kinds of organized community activities every month.

The boating waterways are very substantial, & provide direct access to Lake Toho. The Bellalago Grille has socials & specials going on often, with excellent food & drinks, & dancing & music several times a month.

My wife & I have been here now for 3 years. We love it. We think it's a great value.

Most of the new homes in here are now selling from the $300K area, on up to the $700K price range for brand new 5,000+ sq ft waterfront properties.

My wife & some of our wonderful neighbors at last month's social at the Bellalago Grille:

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 05-26-2016 at 10:54 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 14,913 times
Default Bellalago

Hi!! My wife and I are considering retiring in Bellalago or Solivita. Being more water-inclined than golfing, we are tending toward Bellalago. I see the landscaping and yards are well-maintained, but I am not sure if residents are responsible for the maintenance of their own lots. Is there an option to have the HOA maintain it for you, as is the case in Solivita? Or do you have to do this yourself or hire a lawn maintenance service? I know that Solivita is strictly 55+, and "they" say that Bellalago can be noisey. Any advice/info is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:29 PM

536 posts, read 852,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevk View Post
Hi!! My wife and I are considering retiring in Bellalago or Solivita. Being more water-inclined than golfing, we are tending toward Bellalago. I see the landscaping and yards are well-maintained, but I am not sure if residents are responsible for the maintenance of their own lots. Is there an option to have the HOA maintain it for you, as is the case in Solivita? Or do you have to do this yourself or hire a lawn maintenance service? I know that Solivita is strictly 55+, and "they" say that Bellalago can be noisey. Any advice/info is appreciated. Thanks.
Landscape maintenance is each individual owner's responsibility in Bellalago. That's one of the reasons the monthly Bellalago HOA fee is approx $65 lower than Solivita, where all landscape maintenance is included. But there are plenty of competitively priced local gardening services to choose from, all vying for your Bellalago account.

Bellalago is the family division of AV Homes. Solivita is age restricted for retirees. But there is also a very large percentage of mature households in Bellalago, along with families with kids. It might be split 50/50.

If you go to the Bellalago pools on a holiday or any hot afternoon, it gets crowded with excited kids, which would likely be annoying to some of the Solivita crowd. But try taking your grand-kids to a Solivita pool, any day of the week, & you're likely to get looks & even complaints.

Solivita is great for folks who prefer peace & quiet, along with their golfing & other daytime activities.

Bellalago is great for folks who desire a more vibrant community centered around the waterfront.

I'm 67, & my wife is 54, & we absolutely prefer Bellalago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando