Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 09:51 AM

128 posts, read 641,180 times

Advertisements

I came across this and thought that potential out-of-state buyers may benefit reading this article from the Orlando Sentinal. Just cut and paste this link
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-forsale1906jun19,0,3658182.story?track=rss (broken link)

The article states how us Floridians can not be greedy when selling our home
and if we FINALLY give in and LOWER our prices (i went down on my home to $205,000 in Seminole County) then BINGO the homes WILL sell again. Like i have said time and time again, we can't be greedy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2006, 10:14 AM

320 posts, read 1,557,408 times
NK0171-

The link will most likely be edited out of your post. You may want to provide us with info on locating the article without the link.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:42 PM

128 posts, read 641,180 times
I cut and pasted, will this be edited, too? Just trying to inform people...Here is part of the article, it's kind of long so i clipped the rest.

Home buyers and home sellers are in a virtual stalemate in Central Florida, with housing prices holding at lofty 2005 levels while more properties are hitting the market and lingering longer.

Who will blink first?

Last edited by Marka; 07-01-2006 at 01:55 PM..

Old 07-01-2006, 01:56 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels36
NK0171-

The link will most likely be edited out of your post. You may want to provide us with info on locating the article without the link.
No, the link won't be removed. Not all links are removed. It's better to quote a few sentences from an article and then post a link to it (provided it's free) then cut and past whole articles.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:40 AM

19 posts, read 208,252 times
There are several reasons that real estate is slowing.
Investors are getting out of the market.
Intrest rates are rising.
Appreciation was not realistic in the last few years.( Too High)
Thousands of new homes have been built.........still are.
Insurance is getting too expensive.........if you can get it at all.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:32 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjdj
There are several reasons that real estate is slowing.
Investors are getting out of the market.
Intrest rates are rising.
Appreciation was not realistic in the last few years.( Too High)
Thousands of new homes have been built.........still are.
Insurance is getting too expensive.........if you can get it at all.
Would be investors are getting out. Real investors are still buying. Investors know there is no quick buck to be made and that when you buy, you have to fund the investment until it's profitable. Many would be investors bought new homes and condos and now they can't sell. Many will go into foreclosure because of their lack of funding to keep the investment afloat.

You are right about the fact that appreciation can't keep up like it has in Florida the past five years.

Interest rates are still great for those with a good deposit and good credit and still under 7%. I'm old enough to remember home interest rates of over 18% in the 80s. No economists think we'll go beyond 7% this year in Florida.

Insurance hikes are due to hurricanes. No one can help those. However, my insurance is less than $900 for full coverage and I live in a 2800 sq ft house on a lake with a pool in Seminole County. I'm pretty happy with that rate.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:31 PM

810 posts, read 3,306,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e
Would be investors are getting out. Real investors are still buying. Investors know there is no quick buck to be made and that when you buy, you have to fund the investment until it's profitable. Many would be investors bought new homes and condos and now they can't sell. Many will go into foreclosure because of their lack of funding to keep the investment afloat.

You are right about the fact that appreciation can't keep up like it has in Florida the past five years.

Interest rates are still great for those with a good deposit and good credit and still under 7%. I'm old enough to remember home interest rates of over 18% in the 80s. No economists think we'll go beyond 7% this year in Florida.

Insurance hikes are due to hurricanes. No one can help those. However, my insurance is less than $900 for full coverage and I live in a 2800 sq ft house on a lake with a pool in Seminole County. I'm pretty happy with that rate.
Dee2e-

How old is your house? We are looking into Lake Mary in Seminole County. That insurance rate you mentioned sounds fair and reasonable.

Thanks!

Old 07-02-2006, 05:02 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Smile sanity rules

You guys are the most sane folks on this forum. Thanks for bringing sanity back to this site. I completely agree with Dee and her posting about interest rates of ago and true investors. And insurance rates are higher on pre Andrew age homes, so try to find houses built with the stricter building codes to not have so many problems finding insurance. The housing market here is stabilizing, and there are some areas that still have lowering prices and some that are somewhat going up. Not like the past two years, but like a normal year should. Thanks again to all of you for keeping it real.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:05 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Oh yeah, and here in Sarasota, where most think only the rich live (not true, I'm a paycheck to paycheck) I pay $1300 for 1600 sf, pool & lake. Mention this for comparison purposes. It's not all bad out there!

Old 07-02-2006, 05:12 PM

810 posts, read 3,306,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl
You guys are the most sane folks on this forum. Thanks for bringing sanity back to this site. I completely agree with Dee and her posting about interest rates of ago and true investors. And insurance rates are higher on pre Andrew age homes, so try to find houses built with the stricter building codes to not have so many problems finding insurance. The housing market here is stabilizing, and there are some areas that still have lowering prices and some that are somewhat going up. Not like the past two years, but like a normal year should. Thanks again to all of you for keeping it real.
What year did the stricter building codes come in? Was it After Hurricane Andrew back in 1992? So look for homes built after 1993 to get the stricter codes and hopefully reasonable insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando