U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,579,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
We do BrightHouse because we have bundled our internet, cable and digital phone into one. Customer Service has been great with us - I have no complaints. However the tech guys they send out to do the hookups are usually clueless.
I've had BrightHouse since moving here in 2004 and have no complaints about their customer service either. My digital television reception couldn't be better BUT...my internet is another story. It seems as though the signal comes and goes meaning my internet will not work when the signal is down. It's always the same thing...they come over and check the signal and connections and they tell me it's a signal issue coming from the pole and they will need to get the service people out to check. Then the service people come out and find the problem on the pole somewhere in the area and make adjustments. It works fine...but then it starts losing signal again.

I used to have the digital phone service but when the signal was lost, my phone wouldn't work and I can't have that...which is why I cancelled my land line.

I wish BrightHouse would just admit they need to put in some new equipment into my neighborhood instead of trying to blame me for everything. I guess they are too cheap to fix the problem permanently.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,867,278 times
I used to have the digital phone service but when the signal was lost, my phone wouldn't work and I can't have that...which is why I cancelled my land line.

I wish BrightHouse would just admit they need to put in some new equipment into my neighborhood instead of trying to blame me for everything. I guess they are too cheap to fix the problem permanently. [/quote]

When we first moved into our new home we had the same problem. Then we got the digital phone when it first came out in 2005 and it was worse. You're right the phone AND the internet would go down. We canceled the digital phone at that time because of it. We kept calling repair out - over and over. FINALLY we got someone that recalibrated the neighborhood distribution hub and we've had no problems since. They did not have to put in new equipment - it just took getting someone who knew what they were doing. That is my only problem with Bright House - we must have had 6 techs out before we finally got one that had a clue.

We added the digital phone again this year because our neighbors had it and said all the 'bugs' had been worked out. We took a chance and added it. We've had it for 4 months now and had no problems at all - it has worked perfectly this time.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
When we first moved into our new home we had the same problem. Then we got the digital phone when it first came out in 2005 and it was worse. You're right the phone AND the internet would go down. We canceled the digital phone at that time because of it. We kept calling repair out - over and over. FINALLY we got someone that recalibrated the neighborhood distribution hub and we've had no problems since. They did not have to put in new equipment - it just took getting someone who knew what they were doing. That is my only problem with Bright House - we must have had 6 techs out before we finally got one that had a clue.

We added the digital phone again this year because our neighbors had it and said all the 'bugs' had been worked out. We took a chance and added it. We've had it for 4 months now and had no problems at all - it has worked perfectly this time.
Sounds exactly what I go through with them...I keep debating on whether to switch to Comcast or not. After all...Comcast has Game Show Network.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 AM

3 posts, read 10,901 times
Thumbs down where is the competition?

I think that Brighthouse should take care of its customers better, instead of having to monitor web blogs to leave pathetic favorable messages.
If ones wants cable, but not brighthouse, is there an alternative? Or do they monopolize this sector therefore not having any cable tv competitors to worry about?
Just wandering.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderline View Post
I think that Brighthouse should take care of its customers better, instead of having to monitor web blogs to leave pathetic favorable messages.
If ones wants cable, but not brighthouse, is there an alternative? Or do they monopolize this sector therefore not having any cable tv competitors to worry about?
Just wandering.
You can check the Comcast website and enter your address to see if they service your area. Luckily...I have both so either one would be an option.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:28 PM

20 posts, read 75,698 times
FWIW, I just read that DirecTV launched 21 new HD channels today. Here's the list:

A&E (Channel 265)
Animal Planet (Channel 282)
Big Ten Network (Channel 220)
CNN (Channel 202)
The Discovery Channel (Channel 278)
The History Channel (Channel 269)
The Movie Channel East (Channel 544)
NFL Network (Channel 212)
Showtime West (Channel 540)
Showtime too (Channel 538)
The Smithsonian Channel (Channel 267)
The Science Channel (Channel 284)
Starz Comedy (Channel 519)
Starz East (Channel 522)
Starz West (Channel 540)
Starz Edge (Channel 520)
Starz Kids and Family (Channel 518)
TBS (Channel 247)
TLC (Channel 280)
Versus / The Golf Channel (Channel 604)
The Weather Channel (Channel 362)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando