Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times

Advertisements

tonight hgtv had their show, "my house is worth what?" on and it was in orlando, honolulu, and savannah.

basically the show comes and appraises your house, looks at the upgrades you may have done, the comps in the area, etc... and appraises your house or tell you what you could sell your house for today...

well anyway, the couple in hawaii did really well. they were very pleased it seemed. the couple in georgia, although only would make about 50k on their house after all their renovations and so forth were disappointed, but were still very polite to the real estate agent and the host of the show.

then they got to the orlando couple who bought a house in lake nona area. they bought theor house for 209k in 2003 i think. they wanted their house to be worth 450-500k. it was a single story 1900 sqft home. they were told it was worth about 400k now. which is a great appreciation from just a few yrs ago when they bought it. well, they reacted differently than the other ppl on the show. they were like pissed off and acted like spoiled brats. i knew it. orando is filled with these ppl and i just knew they were going to act this way. thanks to them for making orlando ppl look like......... well, like spoiled brats. the ppl in georgia got news no where near as good as the folks in orlando did, but they still, on national tv, acted like adluts and didn't show immaturity and act like spoiled brats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
tonight hgtv had their show, "my house is worth what?" on and it was in orlando, honolulu, and savannah.

basically the show comes and appraises your house, looks at the upgrades you may have done, the comps in the area, etc... and appraises your house or tell you what you could sell your house for today...

well anyway, the couple in hawaii did really well. they were very pleased it seemed. the couple in georgia, although only would make about 50k on their house after all their renovations and so forth were disappointed, but were still very polite to the real estate agent and the host of the show.

then they got to the orlando couple who bought a house in lake nona area. they bought theor house for 209k in 2003 i think. they wanted their house to be worth 450-500k. it was a single story 1900 sqft home. they were told it was worth about 400k now. which is a great appreciation from just a few yrs ago when they bought it. well, they reacted differently than the other ppl on the show. they were like pissed off and acted like spoiled brats. i knew it. orando is filled with these ppl and i just knew they were going to act this way. thanks to them for making orlando ppl look like......... well, like spoiled brats. the ppl in georgia got news no where near as good as the folks in orlando did, but they still, on national tv, acted like adluts and didn't show immaturity and act like spoiled brats

I didn't get to watch that show.....i'll have to find it when it comes on again.....

Old 09-25-2007, 09:14 AM

20 posts, read 79,889 times
The house was in Northlake Park at Lake Nona. It's a shame that those folks were upset about that kind of information. We live in that same neighborhood and certainly have no issues with our house being worth $100k+ more (even with the depressed market) than we purchased it for in 03.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:33 AM

those ppl were spoiled brats from up north. made me sick. their home appreciated 200k and they were pissed. my wife and i were like, "typical orlando newbies." they were about to freak out. i wouldnt give them 400k for that house anyway.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,209,634 times
How did we reach the conclusion that all people in Orlando act like this couple?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM

we live here. and not all ppl of course, but there certainly are a lot. i called it before it even happened that these ppl will embarrass us...

Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,135 times
LOL, I saw that episode a few weeks ago. I wonder how long ago that was filmed. If that house truely is in the Northlake park neighborhood in lake nona, there is NO WAY it is worth 400K today. As soon as I heard what they said that number I was yelling and hollering how fake this show is, Scared my dog and g/f.

I just checked the MLS and the highest priced house under 2000 square feet in northlake is asking 320K. and the most recent sale was for under 300K back in august.

The guy said the neighbor just down the street sold for 450K! I love this comment and hear it all the time, 99% of the time their neighbor "just" sold it 12-18 months ago, and/or they didn't get near the asking price.

These shows really do get my goat. and the people like the ones this show interviewed are always fun, they go with the agent that lists at their price even if it's not worth near that much, end up wasting their time, and call me back months down the road....only for me to tell them their home is now worth even less than when I last spoke with them 6 months ago. (hopefully this won't be the case in the next 6 months though)

Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM

werent those ppl so arrogant and spoiled? i thought it was just a typical reaction from some orlando'ans. that guy about crapped in his pants. "400K? THAT"S IT??? MY NEIGHBOR JUST SOLD HIS FOR 450K WITH NO UPGRADES!!!" AAAARRGGHHH!!! what an ass.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:03 PM

20 posts, read 79,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
LOL, I saw that episode a few weeks ago. I wonder how long ago that was filmed. If that house truely is in the Northlake park neighborhood in lake nona, there is NO WAY it is worth 400K today. As soon as I heard what they said that number I was yelling and hollering how fake this show is, Scared my dog and g/f.

I just checked the MLS and the highest priced house under 2000 square feet in northlake is asking 320K. and the most recent sale was for under 300K back in august.

The guy said the neighbor just down the street sold for 450K! I love this comment and hear it all the time, 99% of the time their neighbor "just" sold it 12-18 months ago, and/or they didn't get near the asking price.

These shows really do get my goat. and the people like the ones this show interviewed are always fun, they go with the agent that lists at their price even if it's not worth near that much, end up wasting their time, and call me back months down the road....only for me to tell them their home is now worth even less than when I last spoke with them 6 months ago. (hopefully this won't be the case in the next 6 months though)
Unfortunately there are a lot of folks here in Northlake Park that have their homes way overpriced. I'm very surprised some of these folks even have realtors willing to list for the ridiculous asking prices they want. There are even a few listed for more than $200/ft^2!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,242 times
I didn't see that show but I saw another episode featuring a couple from Deland who bought their for $96K some years ago and acted surprised when they appraised it somewhere around $220K or so. That's hardly a miracle...geesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: