Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,489 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I am new to this Forum and have been reading the many many posts and have found it very informative.

After staying in the Reunion resort at easter and loving the place I plan to buy an Condo there very soon. I wish to use it for personnal use and to rent it out as much as possible when I am not there.

After chatting to the people at Reunion rental I was shocked to see what they were taking for themsleves (about 60% in all) and wanted to find another company to manage my rentals.

I have spoken to one company but would like to know if anyone can recommend anyone and maybe supply their details.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
welcome to short term rentals. Indeed when it is said and done you can generally expect to lose 60% or more.... and that's of what they rent it out for. all those vacant months still have the utilities being paid by you. Unfortunately long term rentals don't provide owners a place to stay, just good returns and when brokers like myself only charge 10% you can see why it is so much more attractive as an option. I don't think you will find much different in what companies charge. Some do it with up front charges since they know they will leave it largely vacant. The companies that deal with the resort are probably the best options when it comes to keeping it rented the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando