Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 PM

910 posts, read 2,315,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post
I stopped watching after the third quarter.... was it me or were the Magic not getting outplayed.... they were just MISSING all of their shots? Am I just trying to rationalize the loss?

My take... they were just sandbagging it this time.. so that they can trick the Lakers into thinking they can't make any more three's :P
Well, they just missed shots. You live and die by the three point shot. It's been falling throughout the playoffs, but not in Game 1 of the Finals. So when your offense is geared that way, but don't make your shots, then you lose.

I still think Jameer threw off Alston's timing. Pietrus could not hit all those shots he made against Cleveland, and Hedo just played awful sloppy. Plus the refs took away Dwight's aggression by ringing up his two early fouls. Van Gundy's comments about how the Magic got outplayed in the paint and out rebounded were directed towards Dwight. Expect him to step it up in Game 2.

I can't believe some of the media are saying that the Lakers are more physical than the Magic! I look at Gasol and look at Dwight, how can they even think that! Dwight better bring the wood next game!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,671,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Well, they just missed shots. You live and die by the three point shot. It's been falling throughout the playoffs, but not in Game 1 of the Finals. So when your offense is geared that way, but don't make your shots, then you lose.

I still think Jameer threw off Alston's timing. Pietrus could not hit all those shots he made against Cleveland, and Hedo just played awful sloppy. Plus the refs took away Dwight's aggression by ringing up his two early fouls. Van Gundy's comments about how the Magic got outplayed in the paint and out rebounded were directed towards Dwight. Expect him to step it up in Game 2.

I can't believe some of the media are saying that the Lakers are more physical than the Magic! I look at Gasol and look at Dwight, how can they even think that! Dwight better bring the wood next game!
That's an understatement.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,501,108 times
I think its all over for the Magic now.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 PM

Down 0-2, not good, but not out. Going home and a loud Orlando crowd may help the boys take all three at home, but definitely at least two of the three. I don't see Orlando losing more than one game at home. It's not over yet. I'm not a Magic fan, but I support the underdog and don't like the Lakers.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I think its all over for the Magic now.
Well, they have nothing to cheer about so far that's for sure. You know how I feel about Orlando in general, but when it comes to sports, I don't like dynasties like the Lakers, the Yankees, and even the Detroit Redwings. I root for the underdog, even though they are the Magic. But I'll take Jordan's Bulls any day, LOL.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:36 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,501,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Well, they have nothing to cheer about so far that's for sure. You know how I feel about Orlando in general, but when it comes to sports, I don't like dynasties like the Lakers, the Yankees, and even the Detroit Redwings. I root for the underdog, even though they are the Magic. But I'll take Jordan's Bulls any day, LOL.
Who knows, maybe Orlando losses every game

Old 06-07-2009, 10:43 PM

It's hindsight, but I think the biggest blunder the Magic ever made was inserting Jameer Nelson back in the line-up. That threw off all the momentum the Magic had with the rotation between Alston, Pietrus, Courtney Lee, and Anthony Johnson. These guys who did so well against the Celtics and the Cavaliers just completely disappeared off the face of the earth. Maybe that'll change once they come back to Orlando. I mean, the Magic GM Otis Smith said they would not play him, then all of a sudden the suit him up for the finals. I just don't get it. Jameer should have just taken a back seat and let his teammates play, instead of saying he could.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:58 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,440,962 times
Orlando Fans: Which loss bothers you more? Game 1 (blowout) or Game 2 (close game)? Why?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:37 AM

258 posts, read 809,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Orlando Fans: Which loss bothers you more? Game 1 (blowout) or Game 2 (close game)? Why?

If it has to be a loss, then I'd always prefer a game like last night's where we had a chance to win. I don't like getting blown out.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,440,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice View Post
If it has to be a loss, then I'd always prefer a game like last night's where we had a chance to win. I don't like getting blown out.
As a big sports fan myself, I feel much different. To me, losing by one means I had opportunities to win and didn't. Lots of second guessing, etc. Getting blown out means the other team was simply better and I can live with that. Congratulations.

Losing by one is a heartbreaker. Getting blown out is never described as a heartbreaker.

"“It is most definitely heartbreaking when you feel like you had a chance to win this game and you let it slip right out of your hands,” Orlando’s Lewis said”"

Another City-Data thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/sport...ut-losing.html

Last edited by Charles; 06-08-2009 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando