U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:17 AM

153 posts, read 486,503 times

Advertisements

As some of you might know I am planning a 5 day trip to Orlando in a few weeks and I have really appreciated all of your suggestions for my trip. I decided I wanted to spend ONE day at a waterpark in Orlando, but wow, there is four of them I know of; Wet and Wild, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and Aquatica. What are some of the advantages and disadvantes to each of these waterparks? Any help with this waterpark dilemma would greatly be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 12:00 PM

4,167 posts, read 8,306,172 times
Wet n Wild is the oldest and probaly largest with most rides. I've heard very good things about Seaworld's Aquatica water park. Disney's Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon are also supposed to be good. Just for the "newness" I would try Aquatica.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:02 PM

196 posts, read 750,617 times
WDW parks tend to be cleaner...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 AM

2,161 posts, read 4,544,075 times
Go to Wet n Wild for the most thrills, but no theme. Go to Typhoon Lagoon if you want atmosphere, the best lazy river, and also the 3 best slides in the state (Crush n Gusher). I can't comment on Aquatica yet. My vote: Typhoon Lagoon. If you get bored, you can always run over to Blizzard Beach close by and hit that too, which is also great fun.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 AM

29 posts, read 137,278 times
Yea I also say Wet and Wild my kids love it, we are from NJ and we go every year to Orlando,and every time we go we have to go to Wet and Wild...

Old 06-15-2009, 04:40 PM

4,192 posts, read 10,662,718 times
WET N WILD. It is the country's first established water park, and has more rides/thrills than the other three. So far I've heard that Aquatica was less than what people were expecting, and I've heard it's a lot smaller than wet n wild. The only thing that the other 3 have over wet n wild is that the other 3 are themed. blizzard beach has a winter theme, typhoon lagoon has a stranded island/ typhoon theme, Aquatica has an under the sea theme, and wet n wild is just a water park, every ride has its own theme.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 AM

8,249 posts, read 11,711,304 times
I have to say Typhoon Lagoon as well. it is beautiful, great slides, the shark swim,

Im told Aquatica is more kiddie oriented but it does look nice in the ads.

Discovery Cove is very nice but with out the slides. it has more the swim with the fish, rays and dolphin experience. and it is expensive.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM

53 posts, read 211,611 times
I've been to all 4. most recently Aquatica a few weeks ago. The dolphin slide is all hype!! Nothing special for a 45min wait. But it is new and has a colorful overall atmosphere. Unfortunately, I was done the whole park within a few hours and most of the slides are similar. I liked Aquatica, but I doubt I'll be there anytime soon again. I prefer thrill rides and thats where Wet n Wild comes in. its probably my favorite. There is no theme, but many of the slides have high repeat ride value. I haven't been to Typhoon and Blizzard in a few years, but both are very nice, Blizzard has the thrill advantage, but Typhoon has that one nice crush'n'gusher.

In my Opinion:

Rank in thrills (from most to least) WW, BB, TL, AQ
Theme: TL, BB, AQ, WW
Crowds (and how they are dispersed) TL, AQ, BB, WW
Relaxation factor TL, BB, AQ, WW
Value WW, AQ, TL, BB

It all depends what you are looking for, You can't go wrong with any of them really. If they are open late (WW and AQ are open till 9pm sometimes), go after 3pm, The waterparks clear out usually around 2-4pm. I went to Aquatica, the parking lot was at capacity. Heavy lines from 11am-3pm, around 5pm, none of the slides had any lines. And it was still 85F+ and sunny. The park was open till 9pm.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 PM

42 posts, read 204,301 times
Not been to WW, or TL, but Aquatica was not what I expected. I did like the speed slides but that was about it. BB was fun, I loved summit plummit.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 PM

2,161 posts, read 4,544,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluey29 View Post
Not been to WW, or TL, but Aquatica was not what I expected. I did like the speed slides but that was about it. BB was fun, I loved summit plummit.
Summit Plummet is AMAZING. Holy Crap!! I have been on countless vertical drop slides and that one tops them all by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or