Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,664 times

Advertisements

Im planning on moving to the Kissimee area. I have a degree in Bussiness management! I need to know are there many jobs available in that field? Will it take long to work once I move there, or should I get one before I come? Are the apartments in that area hard to get into, or with a waiting list? I need to know how far in advace do I need to start searching for a home and job before I move? Any advice is wonderfull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Why did you choose Kissimmee? it's for the most part VERY undesirable.

This is one of the top 10 worst job markets in the country. You will be up against 300-600 people for every job. What can you offer that others can't?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 PM

482 posts, read 2,418,184 times
There really isn't much "industry" in kissimmee where a business management degree is likely to be meaningful. Kissimmee is mainly hotels and restaurants and banks. You might find a teller's job or desk clerk but you see you won't really get paid extra for having a degree. You might have better luck in the Orlando job market, maybe see if you can even get on with a temporary employment service and maybe you could get assigned to an employer who might keep you on if you are a real good temporary employee...you know the unemployment rate is high just about everywhere so finding work is going to take a lot of effort. Regarding your questions about apartments, there is plenty available for rent, I am in an apartment right now and they have 1 bedrooms available for $690 a month.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 PM

255 posts, read 757,281 times
The best advise I can offer is to DEFINATELY wait until you have a job secured before you make any move at all. With the economy being so tough right now it will be increasingly difficult to stand out in a large crowd even with your background. With that said, I would definately recommend renting a house or apartment for a while so you can get a feel for the area in which you choose to live. If you buy a home right away and decide the commute is too much or the area is just not as desirable as you had originally thought or you get transferred to another location within Florida you will be quite limited. There are some BEAUTIFUL areas of Kissimmee and some very nice homes for rent but do yourself a favor and check to make sure if you find a home to rent that it is not in forclosure. If you work with a good realtor you should be able to avoid this hassle. There are also many nice apartments to choose from but also many different areas to consider...do your homework before making any life changing decisions, you will be glad you did. You may also consider a job in South Orlando, Four Corners, and Celebration area and maybe live in Kissimmee for the best of both worlds. Best of luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando