Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 PM

116 posts, read 459,303 times

Advertisements

Gimme your feedback for a Saturday night:
"Why Not" lounge in Altamonte Springs
or
Rix Lounge in Disney area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 02:22 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Neither. Last night I was at the Firestone, tonight I'm going to Tastings.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Any reasons why these 2 lounges would not fit a Saturday night?
What's special about Tastings? Club?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:23 AM

We went to the Why Not twice. Once they had completely lame comedy and the other time they had a mediocre band playing cover songs.

I just don't like the atmosphere at Rix, it's way too full of tourists. I also don't care for the music played there.

Tastings is a wine bar/bistro. Last night they had jazz inside and a guy playing acoustic guitar outside on the patio. I went with three girlfriends and we had a blast. They are also dog friendly outside, which I appreciate.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
We went to the Why Not twice. Once they had completely lame comedy and the other time they had a mediocre band playing cover songs.

I just don't like the atmosphere at Rix, it's way too full of tourists. I also don't care for the music played there.

Tastings is a wine bar/bistro. Last night they had jazz inside and a guy playing acoustic guitar outside on the patio. I went with three girlfriends and we had a blast. They are also dog friendly outside, which I appreciate.

Great.
Does "Why Not" lounge have a DJ, besides the band?
Is it the same band every time?

Also, regarding Rix lounge, when U say full of tourists..Do you mean out of town - US folks, international folks?
What kind of music they play there? Rock? Dance? Disco? House?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashelter View Post
Great.
Does "Why Not" lounge have a DJ, besides the band?
Is it the same band every time?
It's my understanding that they have a "house" band that pretty much plays the same set list night after night. If you recall "Panama" that used to play at the Rock and Roll Beach Club at Pleasure Island, same thing. I don't recall a DJ between sets, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Like I said, I've been there twice and nothing about the palce made me want to return. I do recall drink prices being fairly reasonable though.

Quote:
Also, regarding Rix lounge, when U say full of tourists..Do you mean out of town - US folks, international folks?
What kind of music they play there? Rock? Dance? Disco? House?
Mixed bag of US and international. Still, tourists. I have nothing personal against tourists, but I like to hang out where I can walk in and know my circle of friends will be there--or at least familiar faces. You don't get that in a bar that primarily caters to tourists. It's dance/house/disco/techno whatever you want to call that headache inducing sound.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It's my understanding that they have a "house" band that pretty much plays the same set list night after night. If you recall "Panama" that used to play at the Rock and Roll Beach Club at Pleasure Island, same thing. I don't recall a DJ between sets, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Like I said, I've been there twice and nothing about the palce made me want to return. I do recall drink prices being fairly reasonable though.

Mixed bag of US and international. Still, tourists. I have nothing personal against tourists, but I like to hang out where I can walk in and know my circle of friends will be there--or at least familiar faces. You don't get that in a bar that primarily caters to tourists. It's dance/house/disco/techno whatever you want to call that headache inducing sound.

Ok Got it.

Thanks for the tip on Tastings.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:20 AM

324 posts, read 807,203 times
Isn't Rix in the disney Coronado springs hotel?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
Isn't Rix in the disney Coronado springs hotel?
Yes.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 AM

324 posts, read 807,203 times
It's a little out of character for disney to have a nightclub inside one of their resorts. Usually those are reserved for pleasure Island. But I do remember going to a wedding reception at the Coronado and after they stopped serving alcohol our only option to continue the party was downtown disney. Many of us just retired to our rooms instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando