Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 PM

127 posts, read 313,741 times

Advertisements

the following properties or are there management offices that will show me. Sorry, have only purchased one home in my life and we dont want to "bother" an agent until we have more of an idea of where/what we want. So far I want to see:

Legacy Dunes in Kissimmee
Serenity in Clemont
Sand Lake Private Residences in Orange
Summer Club in Oviedo
Regency Club in Lake Mary

We would like to be able to drive around these complexes to see what we can see and if we think the area looks safe, clean etc.....then we would want to look at actual apartments for sale. They are all spread out...and although I think I have a realtor that can show them all to me I was also thinking it may be better for him and us to know whether we like the areas first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 PM

258 posts, read 811,938 times
You can definitely drive around those places and check it out on your own. What I'd do is call the realty office and see if there's an open house or anything scheduled. Don't feel like you are bothering a realtor by asking to see a home. They are working for you, and they aren't high pressure -- at least I've never had any high pressure sales. They basically just open the place and you walk around and then at the end you take their business card. Maybe you could talk to the realtor and see when they'll be in the area anyway.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:54 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
If you are serious about purchasing a property then do your due diligence and source a realtor. I always recommend using the listing agent as although they will become a transaction broker they already have a relationship with the seller as the seller trusted them with the sale of the property, so use someone neutral. If you are serious about buying then a realtor will be happy to show you properties. I have clients who i have shown hundreds of properties to and they eventually purchased a year later. I have no qualms about showing properties to my clients because it is a big decision and you have to be comfortable.

Many people slam realtors and the commissions they earn, but if you consider the time i spent showing properties over the course of the year i probably broke even on that sale. It is about making the client happy.

Just as an FYI you do realize legacy Dunes HOA is approx $350 per month?

Good luck

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellamint View Post
the following properties or are there management offices that will show me. Sorry, have only purchased one home in my life and we dont want to "bother" an agent until we have more of an idea of where/what we want. So far I want to see:

Legacy Dunes in Kissimmee
Serenity in Clemont
Sand Lake Private Residences in Orange
Summer Club in Oviedo
Regency Club in Lake Mary

We would like to be able to drive around these complexes to see what we can see and if we think the area looks safe, clean etc.....then we would want to look at actual apartments for sale. They are all spread out...and although I think I have a realtor that can show them all to me I was also thinking it may be better for him and us to know whether we like the areas first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando