Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,134 times

Advertisements

looking for references not direct contact from handymen/roofers that are licensed and insured. Prefer handyman type typically cheaper than a roofing company and besides I need a few small patches in drywall where there is water damage. Not a huge job pretty small area. Live in Avalon Park. Please list referrals and your experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:04 AM

680 posts, read 1,920,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandotitle View Post
looking for references not direct contact from handymen/roofers that are licensed and insured. Prefer handyman type typically cheaper than a roofing company and besides I need a few small patches in drywall where there is water damage. Not a huge job pretty small area. Live in Avalon Park. Please list referrals and your experience.
Contact Scott with 2x4 Home Decor. He doesn't have a website, but he is licensed and is the most METICULOUS contractor that I have ever worked with.

While renovating the interior of one of our homes, we wanted to put in a new wall and door to separate off a section. I was referred to Scott by my tile guy (who I would also STRONGLY recommend).

Scott took extra care to make it look like the wall was there when the house was built, so it sounds like he is more than qualified to do what you are asking! And he gave me what I felt was an outstainding deal!

He also lives in the Avalon Park area and may be able to help if he's not too busy.

I don't want to list his email address on here because of the SPAM bots, but please feel free to send me a message and I'll give you all of his contact info.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 AM

800 posts, read 3,087,486 times
I have used John Helms Roofing in Orlando for many years. They are in Orlando on Magnolia, I believe. I don't want to post their info here for fear of being flagged. You can google them or DM me for their info.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,867 times
volk2k - can you tell me how I can get your tile guy's info - I am looking for someone to do a kitchen backsplash but it is a smaller job

Old 08-02-2015, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 911 times
Default Need a good drywall person for a job asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post
Contact Scott with 2x4 Home Decor. He doesn't have a website, but he is licensed and is the most METICULOUS contractor that I have ever worked with.

While renovating the interior of one of our homes, we wanted to put in a new wall and door to separate off a section. I was referred to Scott by my tile guy (who I would also STRONGLY recommend).

Scott took extra care to make it look like the wall was there when the house was built, so it sounds like he is more than qualified to do what you are asking! And he gave me what I felt was an outstainding deal!

He also lives in the Avalon Park area and may be able to help if he's not too busy.

I don't want to list his email address on here because of the SPAM bots, but please feel free to send me a message and I'll give you all of his contact info.

Hello Volk2K!

I need a good recommendation of a drywall person also. If he can do plaster repairs, that is good too. Also, I will need a good roofer to repair a roof leak. Could you please send the names and contact info of the service people you would recommend? Thanks very much!

Ann
annff - user name

Old 08-02-2015, 06:10 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
talking about leaks I have a little leak by my window sill some times it leaks some times it doesn't? but my son said it due to the satellite dish and to to call them to FIX it. I bought the house with the contraption on there --ever hear of anyone getting those companies to fix the leak from some old contract of a person who used the service? If not, I might need a small repair too.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:42 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Typically the dish installer has a contract with the person they install it for that doesn't carry forward to any new owner. They also usually have a hold harmless as far as the installation.

I would probably not expect a quality roofer to also do quality drywall. Two different licenses. Get the leak repaired first. You might also have mold behind the drywall, so be prepared for that expense.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:09 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
ah no- I do not know about post contract - why I asked-- but if they damage a roof they have to fix.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:19 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
ah no- I do not know about post contract - why I asked-- but if they damage a roof they have to fix.
Perhaps you misunderstood. They would have had to fix any damage if reported by the previous owner while they owned the property. They have ZERO obligation to you. You have no contract for installation with them. Without a contract you have ZERO, ZIP, NADA rights for any remediation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando