Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM

24 posts, read 86,259 times

Advertisements

Hello all - - - I'm hoping for some good and honest advice. I am a mother of a 1 year old and my husband and I absolutely LOVE Florida (visit at least once a year and stay in Disney). We love the weather, scenery etc. And we are SICK of NJ and the want to get out and start fresh.
I've been lurking around on these sites and looking for ideas and such of good places to live. I am intrigued by the amount of negativity on the area and really would love some good guidance.
We would love clean, safe and good location for work. My husband currently works for the pubic works department up here and would like to transfer into that field (any info or tips on that salary wise or anything wise would be appreciated too!). I have stayed home with our son for that past year and am just starting to work a few hours a week in the evening and weekends so our son is with one of us either way.
So basically, any kind of tips would be really great. I know he's only one and a long ways from school, but that is a semi important point too. But really we are thinking rent at first, get adjusted and try buying within a year.
Thanks so much for reading this and helping! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando