Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM

28 posts, read 300,797 times

Advertisements

We lived in MetroWest 32835 for a year in an upscale gated apartment overlooking Turkey Lake and Universal's fireworks. MetroWest is very much a upscale area, but east of Kirkman road and toward downtown is definately not. It's closeness to PineHill would be the only real negative. We experienced no crime issues while there in 2002.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 PM

16 posts, read 86,114 times
Default zip codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
What are the exact zip codes to avoid for those who are moving to Orlando? I've read posts that talk about areas or streets, but what are the zips?
See
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cmsdocs/dept/growth/zip_codes.pdf (broken link)

Hope it helps.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 AM

6 posts, read 35,294 times
I looked at the map of zip codes, but could not tell if it showed crime areas in the zips or not. There was nothing in the notes to tell what the colors of areas meant, beyond lakes and rivers. Can you tell me any more? BTW, I live in 32836 now, so I do know the general area, but not any detail about Tangelo Park.

thanks,
flgrammie

Old 07-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Sorry...I haven't been on lately....As far as I have found, there isn't one place to get all info. I tend to cross reference a few things to get a general idea. This link I mentioned is only to see the general areas of each zipcode. I look at data from this sight & bestplaces site for crime rates by zip, etc. Are you looking to buy & don't know where to look? It all depends on your priorities, crime rate, age of the community, school system, price tag, closeness to particular things, etc.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:37 AM

Thanks OrlandoMom,
Can you give me a link to the bestplaces site? I haven't heard of it before.

My husband bought a place in Tangelo park to fix up and sell. I am concerned about his safety. He has mentioned that we could move there...NOT! The house is only 700 sq. ft.... I didn't want him to buy there because I felt that it would be hard to re-sell because of the crime in the neighborhood. Oh well... it's done now, and the contractor is doing a great job making it look better. I hope we can sell it asap,, and move on to the next project.

thanks for your input!
flgramma

Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 AM

28 posts, read 84,598 times
Default Good!

No one seemed to have anything bad to say about zip code 32821. Maybe there's hope for me yet. Still thinking about moving there next year possibly. South Florida is nice, but I still miss the coolness of great water parks and "yeah" I also still like all the theme parks, even though I've been to them so many times.

Orlando will be saved! They will get a handle on a least some of this crime sometime in the near future. They have to. Orlando is one of the state's biggest money makers. Although, I remember when I came down from Indiana for visit to Disney World with a friend and her daughter way back in 1993. Her husband told her she could not go off Disney property because he heard that Orlando was full of crime. I know it is a lot worse now, but it appears it's had a crime problem reputation for a very long time. Big city, rapid growth, extremely diverse population, all things that can cause growing pains in any city in the U.S.

Just hope the hurricanes stay away.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:06 AM

Orlando Mom,

Thanks for the link. Evidently zip code 32819 is much larger than just Tangelo Park, because it shows houses at $300k or more. Tangelo Park, as far as I can see, is $100-140 max. It shows a lot of other stats that don't fit that area. Oh well, my DH has bought the property, is almost done fixing it up, and it will be on the market in about 2 weeks. I hope, I pray, that it sells quick. The place gives me the creeps! He talked to some of the neighbors about the crime rate there, and they pointed across the street to the neighborhood drug dealer's house. Everybody on that street knows it's there, sees the activity, and sometimes reports it, but by the time the police get there, he's gone. Doesn't that just seem like a neighborhood you want to live in????? NOT! Arrrggghhhh! MEN!
flgramma

Old 07-21-2007, 04:12 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
32818 - Silver Star Road and NORTH Hiawassee road (this area is true inter-city ghetto)
Hey...I live out that way and it's not the ghetto. Around Silver Star yes but out towards ClarconaOcoee Road and north of there it's pretty quiet. Lots of older homes but overall fairly safe. There are lots of nice neighborhoods out my way including a new one that was just built right on Hiawassee. The houses are a good size and start in the $260's...I think.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the info. I just checked and the house is on Arezzo. Do you know that part of Tangelo Park? I'd be interested in what you think, and if you think it would be hard to sell a house there.
thanks, flgramma

Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 AM

Yeah, there is so much info out there. You just need to sift through it I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando