U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM

35 posts, read 278,074 times

Advertisements

Trying to narrow down my apartment/ townhome search. Im relocating to orlando soon. I'm looking at places in Windermere, Ocoee, Winter Garden and Winter Park. Where's my best bet. What are the positives and the negatives to these towns... i will be commuting to the sea world area for work.. Safety is a big issue...Thanks!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 06:16 AM

148 posts, read 565,841 times
Go for Windermere. Very safe and there are alot of people working at the attractions that rent here and in Lake Buena Vista. It should be easy to make friends. My son goes to the Orlando Ale House on in Lake Buena Vista and said its always busy people who work at the attractions.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,560,507 times
Windermere (if you can afford it) Winter Graden (limited areas) or Ocoee. Of the 3, Windermere is by far the safest, as it is VERY far away from any ghetto areas.

Winter Park sucks.... it is rat race and buns on the corner. Not to mention zero safety.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 PM

266 posts, read 1,083,701 times
Default Ranking...

#1 - Windermere is your best bet. It's also the most expensive, and depending on where you work, the traffic could be an issue (I-4 would be your main artery).

#2 - Winter Garden - your investment might not bring a great return (particularly if you pick the wrong part of town and try to do a quick flip), but much of the Orlando metroplex is moving in that direction. The recent completion of a couple of major roads will make the rest of the area accessible.

#3 - Winter Park - you could get a great return on your investment in this area, but you need to be careful of the area of town in which you might buy. Parts of WP (especially the area near 17-92) are not the greatest. There are some nice townhomes recently built just east of 426 on Howell-Branch rd. Sorry, don't remember the name of the complex....

#4 - Ocoee - you're approaching living in the metrowest area. Big time crime.

A lot of this depends on the physical address you're researching. Do a visual inspection of the surrounding area before putting the $$ on the table.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM

165 posts, read 618,498 times
Windermere I live there IT'S A WONDERFUL AREA! And very safe also theres a new mall comming .look around reams road

Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM

1,418 posts, read 9,643,963 times
I'd recomend looking in Altamonte for a decent rental in a decent area for a decent price. Downtown Winter Park has a lot going for it, except you won't find any modern appartments or duplexes there. I wouldn't live in one of those appartments in Winter Garden or Occoee if you paid me.

I don't like the areas where the appartment tend to be, and they are TINDER BOXES! I watched them slap those thing up and the new ones are wood frame with wood siding wooden roofs and wood everywhere, EXCEPT, for the bit of stucco they slap on the outside. I had a ***** of a time getting insurance on some C3 rentals that I own that are made out of CB and steel - not one ounce of combustionalbe material anywhere in them. I can't imagine who insures those Tinderbox appartments out there.

Try to find a decent duplex to rent in Winter Park or Altamonte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando