Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,997 times

Advertisements

I want to live near enough to UCF to hopefully walk or ride a bike, but I need an affordable house or appartment as well. I'm looking in the 200-800 dollar range per month. My main concern is that I have 2 dogs, each about 50lbs and my roomate has 2 small dogs less then 10lbs. I really want to find a nice place that's safe and comfortable... am i just dreaming? I know 4 dogs is a lot to ask, and most of the things I've seen cap at 2 dogs. Does anyone know if there is a place for 4 dogs? Or will I have to look at buying a house if I want that?

Thanks
Kengi0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,176,622 times
Yep, you're dreaming. First, it's very hard to find places that will rent to someone with any pets. Four dogs, two of which are over 50 lbs. - no way, unless it's an old run down house in a ghetto.

If you do find places that rent to pet owners, they charge a premium for rent and a large pet deposit.

I have seen, time and time again where pets have destroyed houses and appartments. Some that come to mind: The guy who had a ferrett that shreaded the curtains and left droppings all over the appartment that the tenant didn't clean; many appartments and homes where cats have sprayed the carpets - carpets and drywall needed to be replaced; chewed up drywall and doors from dogs.

All it takes is a landlord to deal with replacing drywall, carpets, doors etc. to the tune of $7,000 to learn how to just say "NO" to pets.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 5,997 times
Default I see...

I understand why people would get upset with dogs... I'm just glad my dogs are very good and don't mess things up. My friend's dogs aren't as well mannered.

If I were to buy a house down there, are there any Dog laws I need to be aware of? I live in the country right now, so I'm not really sure what sorts of leash laws or noise levels are allowed in the UCF area.

Does anyone know if I should be aware of anything?

Also what kinds of yards are availible in houses by the UCF area? I have 5 acres now, and I'd assume the yard would be much smaller then that, but how much smaller?

Thanks,
Kengi9

Old 04-29-2007, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 81,654 times
Default RE: place with dogs.

My family just rented their 2br / 2 bath duplex less than 1000 feet from UCF and we accept dogs w/ a deposit. The duplex is currently for sale (buy one side or both sides) and we might consider a private mortgage.It has a shady yard bordered by a brook (dog paradise You are welcome to email me privately for any further inquiries.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:41 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,176,622 times
Central Florida dog laws generally require your dog to be on a leash when outside of your own property. Also, there are some laws regarding dogs that are known to bite. For the most part (exception in rural areas), you can't just let your dogs run around without free like you can in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando